Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines PAE flights now on sale

Double RDM Promotion

https://www.alaskaair.com/promo/AS1810

Here’s how to earn double miles:

1. Register your Mileage Plan number using the form below before your first trip and no later than March 31, 2019.
  2. Travel on qualifying nonstop flights between February 11, 2019 and March 31, 2019, and you'll earn double Mileage Plan miles.

Explore the nonstop flights that qualify for double miles:

Between Everett – Paine Field (PAE) and:
  • Las Vegas (LAS)
  • Los Angeles (LAX)
  • Orange County (SNA)
  • Phoenix (PHX)
  • Portland (PDX)
  • San Diego (SAN)
  • San Francisco (SFO)
  • San Jose (SJC)
Print Wikipost

Paine Field (PAE) Tickets on Sale

Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Recently did this &
if it's helpful to anyone. I was going to/from Whidbey, so for that it's ideal. The views from the flight path are very nice.
rvolkcpa likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
I had of pleasure of using PAE recently.

Positives:
+No congestion on the roads to the airport when I went.
+No congestion around the airport
+No congestion in the airport
+Short walking distances
+Quick taxi times
+Quick baggage unloading times

Negatives:
-Not many flights so IRROPS might be a problem
-No TSA PreCheck. There is a light version of PreCheck (shoes on, computers out) but the line is short. However, the line moved very slowly. Overall wait might have been 6 minutes for about 7 passengers. In any case, the pace of the line moving was slower than SEA but the overall time waiting was shorter.
-Food choices are limited
-No baggage carts

Possible negatives:
>If the airport starts having 737 flights, there isn't enough seating in the gates. There also aren't enough bathrooms since each one is a single person room.
>There are few garbage cans and are hard to spot.
>Car rentals are not as convenient as they could be in a small terminal.
>Parking could be tight if there are more passengers.
>Already there's 3 gates in use. The 3rd gate is 2B and doesn't have a jetway. This is probably a NIMBY issue.
JPat likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Can't wait to fly out of PAE. We just moved a bit further north, out between Woodinville and Duvall. PAE is closer and easier to get to, not to mention less stressful to transit through.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Apparently Beechers just opened so there's "more" food choices in the terminal. Still limited, but at least it's good. Supposedly there'll be a coffee place too.

Originally Posted by Toshbaf
-No TSA PreCheck. There is a light version of PreCheck (shoes on, computers out) but the line is short.
PAE is one of those take every electronic item out of your bag airport, which probably adds to the time for people to get screened. That being said, in the few times I've been through lately, it's been myself and 10 TSA agents milling about. Very strange.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Toshbaf
-Not many flights so IRROPS might be a problem
This is my biggest concern with using PAE frequently. I am flying out of there for the UW vs. Stanford game this fall, but if that flight is delayed or cancelled I'll have to haul it to SEA and hope I can still make the game.

I'll probably use it periodically, especially when I can grab a FC seat on an E75 for about the same price as a coach ticket on a B739 out of SEA
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Apparently Beechers just opened so there's "more" food choices in the terminal. Still limited, but at least it's good. Supposedly there'll be a coffee place too.
PAE is one of those take every electronic item out of your bag airport, which probably adds to the time for people to get screened. That being said, in the few times I've been through lately, it's been myself and 10 TSA agents milling about. Very strange.
Flew to LAX out of PAE last month, a passenger in front of us kept alarming as she went through the metal detector. She removed her bracelets, alarmed again, removed her shoes and alarmed again, kept repeating she had no other metal on her as she removed her belt and alarmed again. THEN she said - oh, I have a titanium plate in my head, is that what is alarming?
sigh.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I was going to bet underwire bra but titanium plate will do it. :-)
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by tusphotog

Odd. That hasn't been my experience at all. I haven't taken a thing out of my bag at PAE yet.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Nurse Traveler
Odd. That hasn't been my experience at all. I haven't taken a thing out of my bag at PAE yet.
Last time through the TSA the ID checker told me that due to the crush at SEA (cruise season) they were not staffing PAE enough to provide TSA Pre at PAE and to write in and comment on the need for it. Even so, lately so many people have Pre check at just about any airport that I am always behind a clueless type that is in absolutely no hurry to get through the line. I just expect it to take much longer in the line at the belt now and if it goes well I am pleasantly surprised
Nurse Traveler likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
No. We need them at SEA... you can take your laptops out :P
Nurse Traveler likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
No. We need them at SEA... you can take your laptops out :P
LOL! At least the lines are short enough that it isn't too bad there, unless you get behind the titanium plate in the head lady!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by ctporter
LOL! At least the lines are short enough that it isn't too bad there, unless you get behind the titanium plate in the head lady!
I'm shocked if there are 2 other people in line besides me. I've been to many smaller airports than PAE and PAE is the easiest to navigate.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:00 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Nurse Traveler; Jun 27, 2019 at 1:01 pm Reason: Deleted as duplicate
Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:35 pm

Is Paine Field fares higher than Seattle?

Before PAE fares were the same as SEA but I think they are getting higher. Specifically, I see no more saver fares. I think it may be because the airport has a limit of flights (sort of like slot controls) and that limit is reached. Some day we may see higher base fares, too, not just no saver fares.

Paine for All. Not just for the Rich.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
like pretty much everything else in FT-land, this is another piece of interesting anecdata ... I’ve been able to find Saver fares to/from LAX, and occasionally F on those flights has been lower than the SEA flights

Revenue Management has obviously figured out how to allocate the fare buckets among the 128 daily coach seats that AS is offering on PAE<—>LAX ... the same task is a bit more challenging when they’re dealing with the 10 or 12 LAX flights, each of which has more coach seats than the total to/from PAE (ok, I know there are occasionally one or two E75s in there, but the point is that balancing revenue against capacity is a continuous and non-trivial process)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.