Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge Passes - Transferable? (Yes, as of 3/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status free since 2017

I have few electronic lounge passes on my account. Unfortunately, I don't have any travel plans on AS until after their expiration. Wondering if I can still transfer them to another user (thinking of exchanging on CC section).

Past reports have suggested that these can be used by others if lounge code and AS ffn is provided to person using it. Any updated datapoints or tips would be much appreciated.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I have few electronic lounge passes on my account. Unfortunately, I don't have any travel plans on AS until after their expiration. Wondering if I can still transfer them to another user (thinking of exchanging on CC section).

Past reports have suggested that these can be used by others if lounge code and AS ffn is provided to person using it. Any updated datapoints or tips would be much appreciated.
Earlier this year, no problem. But there's no way I'd ever give any details related to may account to a stranger. I've only gifted to family.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Earlier this year, no problem. But there's no way I'd ever give any details related to may account to a stranger. I've only gifted to family.
Agreed. I have some hesitation on sharing information... is there a potential for abuse?

Can the lounge passes be used if flying AA? It feels like a huge waste throwing them away.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Should work if on AA or OAL's.

Shared one with a friend yesterday. Seems it worked. It's no longer listed in myaccount.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Gave a couple to my coworker the other day. He was able to use them with no problem with my name and the code. Shouldn’t need to give out your MP #.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Should work if on AA or OAL's.

Shared one with a friend yesterday. Seems it worked. It's no longer listed in myaccount.
From the AS website -
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...cies-and-rules
To access the Alaska Lounge, members and guests must present a valid membership card, same-day ticketed boarding pass on any carrier, and a government-issued photo ID. You may be asked to sign a roster with your name and Alaska Lounge account number upon entering affiliated lounges.
But I am not sure if that works with AS issued lounge passes or AS Board Room membership only.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
tried to use my partners at JFK earlier this year
said no go unless they with me

my only experience
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by boycruz

my only experience
Did you ask to use his code or did he give you the code to use? I aways do up a little note with the pax Record locator as an authourization. Never an issue. In fact, I had a family member call me from the AL and talked to the agent, providing my account details to her, and got 2 of them checked in.

James
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Have had various family members use 3 of my lounge passes in the last 2 months (PDX and LAX lounges). They just provided the lounge pass code, my name, and my MP number and didn’t have any issues getting in
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Yes i had his account info and the agents were nice but said HE had to be with me
This was with new employees at the JFK BR first month they opened
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Hmm...I do have a lounge membership - maybe they see that when they pull up my account? The guest passes would be worthless if I was actually with them, since I could just guest them in under my membership. Or maybe they’re just much stricter at JFK since the lounge is so new?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
The pass owner does not have to be with the giftee. I used two gifted passes from a very generous 75k friend on Friday. All the lounge attendant needed to do was to find the person’s MP account to match up the codes I had. I had neither the MP number nor the birthdate but a phone number or some other identifier for the lounge attendant to find the account is all that is needed. First hand experience from two days ago.
Flying for Fun and VXforever like this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by boycruz

my only experience
They might be getting stricter about transferring codes...I just tried to use one that I got from a 75K (who was not with me) and got denied at the PDX lounge this morning. I never figured we would see the day in which the lounge passes were harder to use than GGUs
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
They might be getting stricter about transferring codes...I just tried to use one that I got from a 75K (who was not with me) and got denied at the PDX lounge this morning. I never figured we would see the day in which the lounge passes were harder to use than GGUs
How did they deny its use? Too full?

Haven't seen this yet.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Are we all talking about the free passes that 75Ks get? Or the ones that Boardroom members can buy for family or friends? I think there probably is a difference. I am just Gold, but maintain a Boardroom membership, so I sometimes buy day passes for my wife, if I'm not traveling with her, or for friends that I'm not traveling with. I have just been introduced to the new process, which is electronic, rather than the paper passes, and are now only good for 3 months before they expire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.