Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge Passes - Transferable? (Yes, as of 3/2019)

Alaska Lounge Passes - Transferable? (Yes, as of 3/2019)

Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have a related question. The T&C of the new info page on this benefit includes this language, which I don't recall from before:

75K Lounge day passes can be converted to sharable day passes by visiting an Alaska Lounge location. Once converted, day passes must be used within 3 months of being issued
[emphasis added]

What's a "sharable day pass", exactly, and why would one want to convert it? Is this a partial walkback of AS's retraction of transferability?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/mvp-gold-75k

I'm also not sure how many companions can get admitted with one of these 75K passes...can anyone confirm?

Last edited by DaveH; Mar 4, 2019 at 11:09 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by DaveH
I have a related question. The T&C of the new info page on this benefit includes this language, which I don't recall from before:

[emphasis added]

What's a "sharable day pass", exactly, and why would one want to convert it? Is this a partial walkback of transferability?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/mvp-gold-75k
I believe so, at least thats how I read it.

Its likely Alaska was looking for ways to prevent fraudulent theft or transfer of passes..... tho with the conversion, wouldnt it be easier to selling off our passes on ebay....

Jiburi
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
As of now, they are not grandfathered in (based on reports I have heard and response from Alaska's Twitter). Also remember that Priority Pass no longer works at Alaska Lounges in Seattle.
Why am I not surprised. They also publicly stated that former Virgin America passengers would be credited via a formula towards million miler status once Alaska consolidated the frequent flyer program (as an inducement to Virgin passengers to stick with the airline post-merger). After the merger closed, they failed to honor the promise.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:42 am

So I asked the agent. She said you have to request a transfer to the other guest, by emailing them at [email protected] (after I asked what's the point of a lounge pass if I'm already a member). She says it takes a day or two.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by s0ssos
So I asked the agent. She said you have to request a transfer to the other guest, by emailing them at [email protected] (after I asked what's the point of a lounge pass if I'm already a member). She says it takes a day or two.
Where it does work well is when you are traveling with another couple that are not members. Just last week I used one of the 75k passes because there were 4 of us (my husband, my sister and my brother in law as well as me) and as an AS lounge member I could only guest in 2, so I needed one more. They assigned one of my codes to my group right there at the lounge.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:40 am
Suspended

Are these AS club passes accepted at AA Admirals Clubs?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by oldgoldflyer
Nope
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by oldgoldflyer
No, access to some of the AC's are a benefit of being an AS lounge member (but with some restrictions, you have to be flying either AS or AA). The AS passes are a benefit of being an AS FF to use at the AS lounges from what I understand.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Per AS website:

"To redeem 75K Lounge day passes, visit the Alaska Lounge and provide your Mileage Plan number or voucher code to the Concierge. You are welcome to share your 75K Lounge day passes with friends or family. If you do share, please share the voucher code (available in "my account" under "Alaska Lounge passes.") Please do not share your Mileage Plan number. To ensure account security, we cannot access a member's account without the member present."

The lounge agent said all that was necessary was to share the code to the person I want to gift it to and they can redeem it on the spot. I feel like we've gone back and forth now from where you could share the lounge pass, to where the lounge pass holder had to redeem it for an actual pass to give to someone. A bit confused now that you "can?" just share the code and have the agent redeem it for the guest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.