Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

"New" F Seat on 737-700 Very Uncomfortable

Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I flew a flight up the coast on a brand new layout 737 (the one with the cupholders) and wow was the seat uncomfortable. It was hard and sort of seemed like the seat was angled up instead of being flat. The thing dug into my hamstrings the whole flight and the bottom was horribly uncomfortable.

Is this typical of Alaska flights with this layout? It really wasn't an enjoyable flight.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ou81two
I flew a flight up the coast on a brand new layout 737 (the one with the cupholders) and wow was the seat uncomfortable. It was hard and sort of seemed like the seat was angled up instead of being flat. The thing dug into my hamstrings the whole flight and the bottom was horribly uncomfortable.

Is this typical of Alaska flights with this layout? It really wasn't an enjoyable flight.
You were in J? Are you talking about premium class? Regardless, having been in all the new seat types, I didnt notice anything worth complaining about. I dont find the foot rest in F very useful because of having long legs that easily reach the floor, but its no big deal to just leave it stowed.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It sounds like a 737-700. I believe those are the only Boeing aircraft currently with the new interior, which includes the cup holders.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:47 pm

The 737-700 does have slightly less legroom in F compared to other equipment Alaska operates. And the same seats as the new A320 interior. Otherwise, Im rather confused by this commentary.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
This is due to be launched fleetwide sometime. IIRC they are in the 73M already, once those RTS.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calculon
You were in J? Are you talking about premium class? Regardless, having been in all the new seat types, I didn’t notice anything worth complaining about. I don’t find the foot rest in F very useful because of having long legs that easily reach the floor, but it’s no big deal to just leave it stowed.
Alaska calls it first class, so I used the term F which is typically associated with first and J with business on a 3 class plane. Semantics. I was up front however you want to call it. Space was fine. Not being comfortable wasn't.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I just flew up front on a 700, I thought it was just fine.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I just flew up front on a 700, I thought it was just fine.
Ditto...just fine..actually better than the old configuration..but, meh...my opinion
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
It’s the same seat on the Airbus. I like it fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.