Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
LAS: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020
LAX: T6: Completed Spring 2019
PDX: Completed Summer 2019
SEA: N Satellite/ rooftop: upgraded to Flagship (Seating, daytime Barista, fireplace, light food buffet/$8 food offerings - Completed Summer 2019
SEA D Terminal: Planned remodel to begin Mid 2020
SFO T2 : New lounge planned to open Mid 2020 or sooner
YVR: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020

​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounge Refreshes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by ASA_1
can we still bring guests in? Now doubt they’ve invested in the product. And the N lounge at SEA is beautiful. But I also think the soft product needs improving. The complimentary food needs to be improved, even small finger sandwiches, and a few other lite bites would go a long way to improve the experience.
you still are allowed 2 guests.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:28 pm

Lounge concierge at SEA N lounge said C lounge is getting new furniture soon
rustykettel likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Speaking with lounge agents at C today (which is packed due to D closure) and they said the D closure is more about backend changes (plumbing, kitchen, etc). That we probably won't notice much change.

They did apparently move some furniture from the old N lounge to D, but she said it feels like less seating now.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
The final results at ANC

Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Wasn't there a row or two of chairs in front of the fireplace at ANC, or am I misremembering it?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Wasn't there a row or two of chairs in front of the fireplace at ANC, or am I misremembering it?
They have reversed the layout. The rows of chairs used to be across from the check in counter, they are on the other side of the fireplace now. The tables and chairs used to be behind the fireplace, they are now up front. The big TV is behind the fireplace, and the arrival/departure screens are reversed now also. FOX noise is now on the TV in the back corner. That layout has not changed, but the furniture has.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K, DL Silver, ex-Marriott Platinum
Just thought I'd post a few photos of little details from the new AS lounge at N gates:

Overhead lamp looks like an aircraft engine nacelle

Room divider treatment evokes twisted airplane propellers

Overall, I love the design of the new Alaska lounge at SEA North Satellite, but after experiencing their somewhat-underwhelming food options, I currently prefer to go to either Delta Sky Club at A gates or Centurion at B gates, since their complimentary food offerings are more varied and more filling than Alaska's. I think Delta Sky Club is the best of both worlds, since it gives you the same kind of gigantic space/size as the new AS lounge at N gates as well as better food, and all the while at a centrally-located gate, whereas it's kind of a pain to get all the way over to the N gates (have to take a train!). I'd only go to the AS lounge at N if I were flying out of N, whereas it's convenient to go to the Delta Sky Club or Centurion lounge at A/B gates no matter where you're flying out of, since they're close to security.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Totally agree that DL has far superior lounges to Alaska. I wish they’d pick up their game. I’d actually buy a lounge membership with AS if they did.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
For $845 a year membership for the DL Sky Club I would certainly expect better food; way, way, better food!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I want to visit the refreshed ANC Lounge this week, but I will have my in laws as well as wife/kids. I have PP and an AS Lounge membership....could I bring the in laws in on PP, wait a bit, then go check in my family with my AS Lounge card...? Anyone ever try this?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I want to visit the refreshed ANC Lounge this week, but I will have my in laws as well as wife/kids. I have PP and an AS Lounge membership....could I bring the in laws in on PP, wait a bit, then go check in my family with my AS Lounge card...? Anyone ever try this?
YMMV but at PDX I was honest with the front desk. I had my immediate family (free as AL member) and my mother. I told the desk I have PP and Visa card. Whatever worked for them would work for me. He just waved us all in.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:51 am

In the email AS sent out today "more good things are coming to Seattle" there's a small reference to the D lounge getting a renovation in 2020:

"These improvements are part of the $50 million multiyear investment, including the renovated C Concourse lounge and a planned renovation of our D Concourse lounge next year."

No details yet from the email or that I can find online.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:49 pm

D lounge is a bit of a mess with the old furniture from the temp N lounge. More seating probably, but the standalone rotating chairs block off access to the couches.

Was a bit of a zoo today. Should've taken the extra time and gone to N.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Refresher for me!

They have liquor in the PDX lounge...huzzah! Maybe it has been here for awhile, haven’t flown out of here in a month. Nice upgrade.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
They have liquor in the PDX lounge...huzzah! Maybe it has been here for awhile, haven’t flown out of here in a month. Nice upgrade.
Good news! They do indeed have a Full On Premises Commercial liquor license now. Doesn't show when it was issued but probably sometime after the renovation & expanded kitchen offerings. Glad to see they actually made it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.