Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
LAS: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020
LAX: T6: Completed Spring 2019
PDX: Completed Summer 2019
SEA: N Satellite/ rooftop: upgraded to Flagship (Seating, daytime Barista, fireplace, light food buffet/$8 food offerings - Completed Summer 2019
SEA D Terminal: Planned remodel to begin Mid 2020
SFO T2 : New lounge planned to open Mid 2020 or sooner
YVR: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020

​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounge Refreshes

Old May 15, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
On the plus side, it is still open with some new seats, some snacks, and some beverages and the new tables have many power outlets.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
LAX lounge status update: The bar area is still walled off for construction. Beer and wine only.

Suggestion: Go early and head to American Airline Lounge instead.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
LAX lounge status update: The bar area is still walled off for construction. Beer and wine only.

Suggestion: Go early and head to American Airline Lounge instead.
Are the tables still "standing tables" or have more stools arrived?
Old May 30, 2019, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Are the tables still "standing tables" or have more stools arrived?
I did not see any more or new barstools.

Seating is a mishmash. A few barstools at the standing tables. Some of the old cafe tables from the bar with the metal chairs. The new hard bench. The new soft bench. The old leatherette no foam left side chairs. A few new nice upholstered lounge chairs with power.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:28 pm

Seating is a mishmash. A few barstools at the standing tables. Some of the old cafe tables from the bar with the metal chairs. The new hard bench. The new soft bench. The old leatherette no foam left side chairs. A few new nice upholstered lounge chairs with power.
What a mess and embarrassment on the behalf of Alaska. Not confidence inspiring for passengers. Lead time for completion blown out a heap.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Aidan

What a mess and embarrassment on the behalf of Alaska. Not confidence inspiring for passengers. Lead time for completion blown out a heap.
It is not bad or unpleasant to be in the LAX lounge right now. For me, I can still get coffee and pancakes. However, it is providing less services during the renovation time. So the issue I see is that services are less than have been adverstised: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...-and-amenities

The reduction in services are food and drink. Which would have been in some people's decision process to join, buy a First Class ticket, as well as buy or use day passes.

Overall, it appears as if the lounge is trying but whomever is overseeing it is not interested or not budgeted to make this happen quickly or exceed customer expectations.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Hard to say where the fault is in the delays - but anyone who's ever hired a contractor to work on their home probably has an opinion on where the fault lay

But seriously, can you imagine the logistical nightmare of doing construction at an active airport post security? Clearly the people involved in the planning should've had experience and should've taken that into consideration... but there's any # of potential causes for the delays from the contractor to the airport authority to Alaska themselves.

We will probably never know the full story.... unless it gets to the point where litigation is involved
be_rettSEA likes this.

Last edited by nearlysober; May 31, 2019 at 1:37 pm Reason: lie vs. lay - present vs. past tense... i learned something today!
Old May 31, 2019, 2:15 pm

Yes, stuff happens. And contracts have contingencies, incentives, and penalties.

Construction in airports is routine, an every day routine.

So, there is also the possibility of incompetence. Or the reason for the delays could be totally and reasonably unforeseen. But don't need to know the reasons or the full story. I not seen any pro-active attempt to make up for the lack of service to the customers.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

They have the hard, bright blue metal chairs at JFK, just like the ones that were hidden in the ANC closet a while back.

The good news in that the new lounge in the SEA north terminal is supposed to open at the end of June.

The bad news is that sitting in the existing N lounge is like sitting in a 3.0 Richter scale, ongoing earthquake today.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I'm hoping the new lounge is ready by June 30th - I'm flying out that morning (doubt it'll be ready for my next trip on June 15).

I did have the dumb luck to by flying out on 06/30/17 when for opening day of the C Terminal Lounge - so maybe they'll time the grand opening nicely for me again
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by nearlysober
I'm hoping the new lounge is ready by June 30th - I'm flying out that morning (doubt it'll be ready for my next trip on June 15).

I did have the dumb luck to by flying out on 06/30/17 when for opening day of the C Terminal Lounge - so maybe they'll time the grand opening nicely for me again
Wow... it's been 2 years already?
steve64 and UAPremierExec like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
I was thinking the same thing!

James
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Except which JUNE are they shooting for... 2022, 2030, 2035...
tusphotog likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:29 am

LAX update: bar area open.
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:32 am

LAX update: bar area open.
boom that is awesome, anyone got pics ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.