Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
LAS: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020
LAX: T6: Completed Spring 2019
PDX: Completed Summer 2019
SEA: N Satellite/ rooftop: upgraded to Flagship (Seating, daytime Barista, fireplace, light food buffet/$8 food offerings - Completed Summer 2019
SEA D Terminal: Planned remodel to begin Mid 2020
SFO T2 : New lounge planned to open Mid 2020 or sooner
YVR: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020

​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounge Refreshes

Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I never thought Priority Pass exclusion was primarily based on lounge capacity....too many half empty clubs with the sign out quickly proved that theory at least partially incorrect...this was an opportunity for AS and Priority Pass to go their separate ways and it was probably time. I'm still kinda surprised the other AS Lounges are still in the PP system....the lounge agents have got to be getting tired of putting out the "No PP" sign in the morning and then bringing it back in at closing time. Hopefully the Admiral's Club folks and the 4 or 5 flyers with AS Lounge memberships enjoy the "refresh".
The weird thing is it seems like they're actually not just leaving the sign out all but rather really micro-managing when they're out. Which I'm sure is even worse for the agents.

Recently at LAX I showed up and the sign was out, but they let me and another PP holder in—they were about to go take the sign in and just hadn't yet. Then it was back out when I left (no more than 30 minutes later).

And a couple of months ago at PDX, on the way to House Spirits Distillery, I saw that the Alaska Lounge had its "no PP sign out". Then on my way to Capers (couldn't have been more than 30 minutes later) to grab some food for the flight I saw that they had taken the sign. And then by the time I'd grabbed my food and walked back (I hadn't intended to try to be so greedy with my PP but my gate was literally right next to the lounge so I figured I'd grab another drink), they already had the sign back out.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
This is off topic of the post, but in my 25 plus years being a member of the Boardroom/Lounge I have never seen a lounge employee accept a tip, even when it was almost "forced" upon them. One of the few consistent policies that AS appears to have and comply with.
Just saw one accepted (the patron insisted and the bartender was not too forceful in declining) at the LAX Lounge yesterday.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:47 pm

I noticed that the PDX lounge is bringing back some pretty odd food rules. I remember for years they had a rule that soup could not be served at the same time as cheese. I now notice they are getting very concerned about the hours in which salad can be served. A few weeks ago I was there at 7:15 pm and they were running low on lettuce. So I mentioned this to one of the staff members . Five minutes later ALL the salad items were removed. I asked about this and was told that it was past the designated salad cut-off hour but on an exception basis they would bring me some lettuce. Apparently at 7:00 pm it's okay to drink beer until I turn blue - but eating lettuce is forbidden.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by bofc
I noticed that the PDX lounge is bringing back some pretty odd food rules .
Yes. The animal cookies are gone at PDX since "they aren't in line with a consistent image." An hour later I get to SEA and mention it to my friend there. She looked at me incredulously and said "they've done no such thing, in fact we have some now!" Yet there have been no animal cookies in Portland since August.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by bkojote
I’m fine with them having real meals for purchase. At JFK it’s a lifesaver considering the lack of concessions in the terminal itself (especially in the morning.) Sure it’s not a Centurion lounge but it’ll do in a pinch when you’re staring down a transcon with no food.
As long as they don't mess with my cheese & veggies, soup, and occasional pancake from the machine, then they can sell extra food I don't care
I've never really looked at the lounge as a real meal alternative... just want some snacks.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
On Tuesday the SEA C Lounge had a menu posted for "made-to-order" meals. For $8 they had a choice of Egg and Brioche Sandwich, Asparagus & Goat Cheese Omelet or Margherita Flatbread Pizza. For $10 they had Chicken Pesto Panini or Korean Rice Bowl. Prices include taxes.

Can get orders to go.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:38 pm

The LAX Boardroom has been my"go to" for the soups, salads and cheese and crackers. Along with the drinks in the Bar and Craft Beer it sure beats the airport restaurants. Now if the "For Purchase" meals beat the airport restaurants for $8 that would be great.

One option is to give First Class Fliers and Boardroom Members a voucher "Good for one food Item" to try out the items and to see if the program would go or not.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
On Tuesday the SEA C Lounge had a menu posted for "made-to-order" meals. For $8 they had a choice of Egg and Brioche Sandwich, Asparagus & Goat Cheese Omelet or Margherita Flatbread Pizza. For $10 they had Chicken Pesto Panini or Korean Rice Bowl. Prices include taxes.

Can get orders to go.
I guess it's nice to have the options, though I wouldn't eat an asparagus and goat cheese omelette even if someone offered to pay me $8. If it's made-to-order they couldn't come up with a build-your-own omelette with even like 6 filling options?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by nookanaya
I guess it's nice to have the options, though I wouldn't eat an asparagus and goat cheese omelette even if someone offered to pay me $8...
You and me both.

The chicken pesto panini sounded OK to me: Pesto marinated all-natural chicken breast (chicken breast can be unnatural?) roasted red peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheese on panini bread.

My photo of the descriptions came out fuzzy but I can read it well enough to post any of the other descriptions if anyone is interested.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by nookanaya
I guess it's nice to have the options, though I wouldn't eat an asparagus and goat cheese omelette even if someone offered to pay me $8. If it's made-to-order they couldn't come up with a build-your-own omelette with even like 6 filling options?
I don't think these are "made" in the back, they are most likely reheated. Inflight catering or sysco probably "makes" them.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SNAnghbr
Might have to wait a while for the SFO lounge.
What's the deal with the CX lounge partnership in SFO? If I buy an AS membership, can I just use the CX lounge whenever I'm flying AS out of SFO? I understand that it's in the international terminal.. but is it airside or landside? I used to frequently purchase VS lounge passes in the old VX days so I don't mind switching terminals, although if it was airside that would be annoying.

I assume that the CX lounge is pretty good?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
What's the deal with the CX lounge partnership in SFO? If I buy an AS membership, can I just use the CX lounge whenever I'm flying AS out of SFO? I understand that it's in the international terminal.. but is it airside or landside? I used to frequently purchase VS lounge passes in the old VX days so I don't mind switching terminals, although if it was airside that would be annoying.

I assume that the CX lounge is pretty good?
It is a very pleasant lounge, the F&B are quite reduced during the non-CX hours, it is airside, and since you can't walk between Int'l A and T-2 due to construction in the shorter direction, it isn't very convenient.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Originally Posted by beckoa
I don't think these are "made" in the back, they are most likely reheated. Inflight catering or sysco probably "makes" them.
Oh I certainly agree, it just seems a little like they're saying "welcome to the lounge... for $8 would you like us to microwave something for you?" It is nice to see them offering something but I think the choice of items on the ground should be a lot better than the options available in the air.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
LAX has been offering food for purchase for awhile now, right? I was just at the LAX board room but forgot to check out the quality, got distracted by Jon Bernthal hanging out in the lounge.

The existing lounges probably dont really have a proper kitchen, right? Maybe the new one being built in N terminal will have a full kitchen... we shall see I guess.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by nearlysober
LAX has been offering food for purchase for awhile now, right? I was just at the LAX board room but forgot to check out the quality, got distracted by Jon Bernthal hanging out in the lounge.

The existing lounges probably dont really have a proper kitchen, right? Maybe the new one being built in N terminal will have a full kitchen... we shall see I guess.
I would guess not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.