Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
LAS: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020
LAX: T6: Completed Spring 2019
PDX: Completed Summer 2019
SEA: N Satellite/ rooftop: upgraded to Flagship (Seating, daytime Barista, fireplace, light food buffet/$8 food offerings - Completed Summer 2019
SEA D Terminal: Planned remodel to begin Mid 2020
SFO T2 : New lounge planned to open Mid 2020 or sooner
YVR: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020

​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounge Refreshes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:11 pm

LAX Lounge scheduled to be closed again "Lounge will be closed April 22nd to April 26th due to construction."
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Where are things with the ANC lounge? Haven’t seen as many posts about the progress there other than one about a week ago with 1 photo
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I was told that they "hoped" to be done by the end of April. The building permit say done by end of February, so they are right on time.

I will post on Sunday, if I get in.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:40 am

PDX updates are lipstick on a pig. Still overcrowded and claustrophobic. Where are the improvement to the food offerings that have been promised? United and Sky Clubs at PDX are so much better.
Idaho Territory likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by B787938
PDX updates are lipstick on a pig. Still overcrowded and claustrophobic. Where are the improvement to the food offerings that have been promised? United and Sky Clubs at PDX are so much better.
At least it now stays open later than the Sky Club... Baby steps
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by B787938
I would agree that essentially not much changed significantly in PDX with the update. Guest reception moved across the way from where it was and in its place I thought "great..a bar" only to see that it was an espresso bar (maybe wishful thinking about drink upgrades if food comes). It is hard to expand in that foot print and I think they have tried a lot of things; first they put up the stand up counter against the windows, then they removed them for individual seats, then they took those away and put back up the counter. They have tried different seating arrangements, but nothing is going to change the size of that space and yes, it is claustrophobic somewhat at busy times; you seem to keep dancing around people for drinks, food, seating, etc.

As always, I like the staff at that station quite a bit, great folks. I like the new beverage device they have there and yes, the espresso station is nice. However, at some point they should look at relocating.
Klrduks likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:34 pm

Two shots from ANC this morning. Espresso bar was not manned, and mixture of seat styles.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by ftmsb
...Two shots from ANC this morning. Espresso bar was not manned, and mixture of seat styles.[/left]
Espresso bar without a barista is just a counter without coffee.

Machine > Man

Last edited by PaperGlider; Apr 19, 2019 at 3:42 pm Reason: removed photos from quote
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by williwaw
The new bar is in at PDX with the espresso machine. But sadly not up and running yet this morning, and the automated machine was down too. But the space is much brighter and less claustrophobic up front. A bit full this morning at 7:00am.
Thanks for the update....I wanted to stop in and check on the renovations last week, but as usual, the no PP sign was out.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Still no espresso machines in service at ANC or PDX. Said by end of the month once training is done....
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Still no espresso machines in service at ANC or PDX. Said by end of the month once training is done....
What do they have for coffee at PDX? As silly as it sounds, I'll get there a little later tomorrow morning if it's only drip coffee on offer.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
What do they have for coffee at PDX? As silly as it sounds, I'll get there a little later tomorrow morning if it's only drip coffee on offer.
The automated Starbucks machine is still there.
PaperGlider and RAD_PDX like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
I would agree that essentially not much changed significantly in PDX with the update. Guest reception moved across the way from where it was and in its place I thought "great..a bar" only to see that it was an espresso bar (maybe wishful thinking about drink upgrades if food comes). It is hard to expand in that foot print and I think they have tried a lot of things; first they put up the stand up counter against the windows, then they removed them for individual seats, then they took those away and put back up the counter. They have tried different seating arrangements, but nothing is going to change the size of that space and yes, it is claustrophobic somewhat at busy times; you seem to keep dancing around people for drinks, food, seating, etc.

As always, I like the staff at that station quite a bit, great folks. I like the new beverage device they have there and yes, the espresso station is nice. However, at some point they should look at relocating.
Aren't we getting a much larger lounge over by the E Gates once the expansion (and relocation) is completed?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by TEDisgone
Aren't we getting a much larger lounge over by the E Gates once the expansion (and relocation) is completed?
Southwest will go to E. Alaska stays put under updated plans at PDX.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

Southwest will go to E. Alaska stays put under updated plans at PDX.
Oh... for some reason I thought the E Gates were expanding enough to move out of the A Gates so they can get rid of that pit and expand the B Gates. Clearly I need to sign up for updates at my home airport!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
However, at some point they should look at relocating.
I'm not sure where they could go that wouldn't come with other problems. The best option imo is to expand into tarmac area in front of the existing lounge and open a satellite lounge in the new A/B gate dungeon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.