Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
LAS: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020
LAX: T6: Completed Spring 2019
PDX: Completed Summer 2019
SEA: N Satellite/ rooftop: upgraded to Flagship (Seating, daytime Barista, fireplace, light food buffet/$8 food offerings - Completed Summer 2019
SEA D Terminal: Planned remodel to begin Mid 2020
SFO T2 : New lounge planned to open Mid 2020 or sooner
YVR: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020

​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounge Refreshes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by rustykettel

I'm not sure where they could go that wouldn't come with other problems. The best option imo is to expand into tarmac area in front of the existing lounge and open a satellite lounge in the new A/B gate dungeon.
A is still set for demolition.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
Oh... for some reason I thought the E Gates were expanding enough to move out of the A Gates so they can get rid of that pit and expand the B Gates. Clearly I need to sign up for updates at my home airport!
I could be wrong - but I think they had a change in plans. WN and AS are the two biggest carriers out of PDX so they are best separated. But I can't find the news story that clearly states the shift.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Off topic but are the lounges open today? Easter Sunday and no exclusions are noted on the AS website.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:11 am
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Originally Posted by BOB W
Off topic but are the lounges open today? Easter Sunday and no exclusions are noted on the AS website.
Yes they are ^
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:11 pm

Anyone been to the Alaska LAX lounge after the April construction 🚧?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by Aidan
Anyone been to the Alaska LAX lounge after the April construction 🚧?
I think you can find that here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...22-26-apr.html
safari ari and Aidan like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Anyone know if they are making espresso drinks at the PDX lounge now? They were still waiting on training last month.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Really disappointed with the PDX refresh. If I wanted communal seating with strangers I certainly wouldn’t pay $300 annually for it. All it was is some privacy and some quiet. Is that too much to ask?
Old May 8, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Chugach
Really disappointed with the PDX refresh. If I wanted communal seating with strangers I certainly wouldn’t pay $300 annually for it. All it was is some privacy and some quiet. Is that too much to ask?
Lipstick on a pig.....
Old May 9, 2019, 11:49 pm

Wonder if the LAX lounge will be completed by the time I visit in late July this year. Looks like things are progressing super slow..
Old May 14, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I'm hopeful that by late July when I head through with a 4.5 layover (split itinerary) it'll be done... if not maybe mid-August when I pass through on my way home

Hopefully the N lounge at Seattle will be done by then too. I haven't been to the airport in so long, wondering how the progress is going there.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by Aidan
Wonder if the LAX lounge will be completed by the time I visit in late July this year. Looks like things are progressing super slow..
LAX lounge bar area is walled off for construction. Canned and bottled beer as well as wine was available at a temporary table set up. No other alcohol is available. I didn't see any of the food menus out but the usual array of soft drinks, snacks, soup, pancakes, etc. are there.

About 4 of the bar stools from the old bar are in use at the standing tables. Still a mix of old brown seats and new.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by PaperGlider
LAX lounge bar area is walled off for construction. Canned and bottled beer as well as wine was available at a temporary table set up. No other alcohol is available. I didn't see any of the food menus out but the usual array of soft drinks, snacks, soup, pancakes, etc. are there.

About 4 of the bar stools from the old bar are in use at the standing tables. Still a mix of old brown seats and new.
Thanks for the update, shouldn’t take longer than a month I would imagine to install the bar..
Old May 15, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS
In lounge now and chatting with AS concierges. I have known most of these guys for years. They are really trying to keep smiles on their faces , dealing with angry passengers coming and and loudly declaring,”this is a terrible First Class Lounge”.
They are able to only offer wines and beers. “
“ I want Vodka” conversation going on right now. “We wish we could get you that but, this is what we have available during remodel”. Ugh!
They are trying to explain ,with smiles , it either this or they could shut down Lounge and offer nothing for a few months.
They also agree that new arrangement Of furniture is not able to handle many passengers. Four tops are used by a single flyer or a couple. There are 6 four tops and a total of 10 passengers using all those tables right now.
one pointed out that this lounge handles a lot of families coming from Disneyland. With no kids room, they are running around and making a lot of noise. Add dogs to the mix and you get what yesterday was for them.
Concierges are not happy with having to police behavior in the lounge.
OK, enough. Here are some pics.

alright, enough. Bottom line, they are as upset as we are with the current situation. Also, taking 2 hours to just get to terminal everyday for their jobs also sucks.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.