Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
LAS: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020
LAX: T6: Completed Spring 2019
PDX: Completed Summer 2019
SEA: N Satellite/ rooftop: upgraded to Flagship (Seating, daytime Barista, fireplace, light food buffet/$8 food offerings - Completed Summer 2019
SEA D Terminal: Planned remodel to begin Mid 2020
SFO T2 : New lounge planned to open Mid 2020 or sooner
YVR: contract lounge leaves AS network on 1/1/2020

​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounge Refreshes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
While burning a lounge code (cause god forbid we transfer them to family), I was advised to renew my membership now because “at any time” the rates are going to go up. She stated that the rates will be similar to what was in the survey.
Buckle up buttercups.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Some of the options in the survey were as high as $600-700. Will be interesting to see what the pricing will be and what, if any, partners are included.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Gold 75K
I reluctantly renewed my membership even though most of my flights are between SFO and SEA. No way I'd pay any more without a viable SFO alternative.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
Some of the options in the survey were as high as $600-700. Will be interesting to see what the pricing will be and what, if any, partners are included.
Their somewhat official goal over the past few years has been to reduce lounge crowding...my guess is that they'll over-correct by cutting ties with PP, Lounge Buddy, and decrease memberships via higher pricing....who actually is going to be in the lounges to take advantage of the "refresh"??
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Their somewhat official goal over the past few years has been to reduce lounge crowding...my guess is that they'll over-correct by cutting ties with PP, Lounge Buddy, and decrease memberships via higher pricing....who actually is going to be in the lounges to take advantage of the "refresh"??
People who bought the memberships before the "refresh" dates.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
I can't imagine the AS pricing would be too far from AA pricing if they maintain partial reciprocity.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I could see myself paying a bit more next winter when I am up for renewal if the increase is within reason. After all they have made some expansions & improvements:
2017 - new lounge in SEA C terminal.
2018 - new lounge in JFK.
2019 - new lounge in SEA N terminal

Ensuring lounge access in both SFO terminals is probably the biggest thing on my list.

BOS could also use a fix when flying AS since their gates are in the armpit of C and the AA lounge is in different terminal.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
While burning a lounge code (cause god forbid we transfer them to family), I was advised to renew my membership now because “at any time” the rates are going to go up. She stated that the rates will be similar to what was in the survey.
Buckle up buttercups.
Does anyone know how far in advance you can "renew"? I am many months away from my current membership expiring. I suppose I could just try to renew now and see what happens in order to hedge against the speculative fee increase, but thought I'd see if anyone knows.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by ftmsb
Does anyone know how far in advance you can "renew"? I am many months away from my current membership expiring. I suppose I could just try to renew now and see what happens in order to hedge against the speculative fee increase, but thought I'd see if anyone knows.
I’m three months away and I wasn’t able to renew in SEA today. The system kept giving the guy errors.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
My membership expires 1/31 and I got email to renew on 12/13.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:16 pm

Looks like AA Club is upping the price $100 per year for all their elite tiers, for both new & renewals.
Given the lounge access partnership, I'm guessing we can anticipate at least that much of a hike for AS Lounge.

AA is actually decreasing the cost if you purchase your membership with miles. An option AS currently doesn't offer.

I guess they're trying to encourage people to burn miles by making it more attractive.
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by nearlysober
Looks like AA Club is upping the price $100 per year for all their elite tiers, for both new & renewals.
Given the lounge access partnership, I'm guessing we can anticipate at least that much of a hike for AS Lounge.

AA is actually decreasing the cost if you purchase your membership with miles. An option AS currently doesn't offer.

I guess they're trying to encourage people to burn miles by making it more attractive.
They want people to get their credit cards.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:37 pm

LAX Lounge refresh

Looks like LAX might be getting a refresh in April. The lounge is closed for 2 days in April for maintenance.

Last edited by Aidan; Mar 19, 2019 at 3:41 pm
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:49 pm

Got confirmation today via Twitter that the LAX Alaska Airlines lounge will be getting a refit which is due to be done on the coming April 2-3 .
You can view the closure of the lounge for April 2-3 on the Alaska Airlines website by expanding the section Alaska Lounge locations and hours.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:02 pm

The picture on the Alaska Lounge website under the headline "renovations" certainly is the LAX lounge based on the layout & the pillars - but it's hard to imagine them getting all that done in 2 days. Then again - with professionals working around the clock maybe they can.
Aidan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.