Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Entertainment Tablets Only on Hawaii, NYC & DC Area, FL and BOS Routes (11/1/2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entertainment Tablets Only on Hawaii, NYC & DC Area, FL and BOS Routes (11/1/2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You can also stream from the tablet. That said, on my most recent trip, the streaming to the tablet was horrible. I don't know if it was from a overloaded system, but it happened both ways.
When we flew OAK-LIH a little while ago I could not get the tablets to connect to wifi and stream - only had the 30 or so preloaded movies to choose from on the tablet. Flying back LIH-OAK tomorrow, hopefully the tablet streaming will work then.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
We had tablets and blankets on our early BWI-SAN flight on Wednesday. Preflight drink was OJ or coffee, Asked for a shot of Titos and FA refused. Every drink in the air had to be begged for like Oliver for more gruel. Breakfast was good.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
If you are having problems streaming content try this:

Open wifi and connect to "gogo." If your device has connected before it should automatically connect again. The wifi signal will have an exclamation mark "!" indicating you are connected to wifi but there is no internet.

Close everything.

Open your browser and in the address bar enter http://airborne.gogoinflight.com/app/asa/ifc/#splash. (Copy it from here and save it where you can access it for cut & paste into the address bar) Click to enter.

This will take you to the splash screen. Touch the menu on the upper left for options to "watch tv," "load the flight map," etc...

James
Oakshadow and Finkface like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Just got done flying SJC-LIH-SJC and only had wi-fi for about a half hour out of SJC. I guess neither plane was equipped with the new satellite wifi. Still had the old cellular wifi.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Klrduks
Just got done flying SJC-LIH-SJC and only had wi-fi for about a half hour out of SJC. I guess neither plane was equipped with the new satellite wifi. Still had the old cellular wifi.
As of today only 19% of the fleet has the satellite wi-fi.
Klrduks likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by Klrduks
Is this the determinant? UA is (I think) mostly on satellite outside of the old go-go PMUA 752s -- but unless you're on an int'l bird, wifi coverage doesn't extend over the pacific.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.