Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Heads Up] Reconfiguration of Airbus A320 (319?) Seat Map

Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Airbus aircraft featuring bulkhead at row 6:
Print Wikipost

[Heads Up] Reconfiguration of Airbus A320 (319?) Seat Map

Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm debating between 6F and 10F for my flight. Which one is more likely to be premium?

This is totally ridiculous by the way.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm debating between 6F and 10F for my flight. Which one is more likely to be premium?

This is totally ridiculous by the way.
Unfortunately your odds are better in Vegas
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Unfortunately your odds are better in Vegas
So, 6 black then??
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by DrAlex

So, 6 black then??
Yeah, unless the wheel stops and it suddenly becomes 3 Purple.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I got burned last night on JFK-LAX. 15F on an A320 became the row in front of the exit row, no recline. On a six hour flight.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, so, when they relabel the seats... how long until the seat maps on the app / web page get updated? I have flights booked for Thanksgiving that are on airbus and both show the new seat maps (with econ starting at 6)

Does the fact that my Friday flight still shows the old seat map mean that the seats have not yet been relabeled on that plane?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:47 am

I had 4a until T-2 today, then booted to 22f while the two ahead of me upgraded. Only middles remaining

Edit: getting $75 discount code but I’d rather just have the better seat

Last edited by ucdtim17; Oct 25, 2018 at 8:02 am
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
3A to 27F for a flight tomorrow. I guess I should be thankful I didn't get a middle.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Has this happened on A321s as well?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
I'm shocked that AS just doesn't give a flying f*** about this yet. It has to be costing them some decent change in terms of vouchers the reps are giving out to everybody calling in about this issue. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape about it since I fully intend to call for a voucher every single time this happens. Not sure if there's any other way they're going to learn the true cost of inconveniencing their most loyal customers .This shouldn't be rocket science since it can't more than a handful of flights a day and really only a handful of seats that need to be manually reviewed
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I have to Airbii flights coming up on Tuesday, so far I'm in 10C on both and watching the seat maps daily. Alaska could do everyone a service by blocking rows 16 & 17 NOW on Airbii aircraft, regardless if they are configured or not - and if its in an old VX config, then the gate agents have 2 rows for families and whatnot to play with.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:56 pm

Has anyone on FT had a flight in the last week where the seat map DIDN'T change on an airbus?? Perhaps that would be a better DP...
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Has anyone on FT had a flight in the last week where the seat map DIDN'T change on an airbus?? Perhaps that would be a better DP...
As of now, AS1373 SFO-SEA for tonight is still showing the old seatmap -- coach starts at row 3. I'm in exit row aisle and fingers are crossed that it stays that way
UAPremierExec and bbison like this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
My last 3 SFO-ORD (Mondays) had row 3. My last 3 ORD-SFO (Wednesdays) did not.

The reply I got from Brad Tilden's office was that the transition has been difficult, it's not that easy to fix these things, working on a better solution, be patient...blah blah blah.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by bbison
The reply I got from Brad Tilden's office was that the transition has been difficult, it's not that easy to fix these things, working on a better solution, be patient.
In the immortal words of Prince:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.