Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Access to BA Galleries -Arrivals- Lounges at LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Simple enough question but can't seem to find any definitive answers after searching the forum. Do AS MVPG and MVP75 have access to only the air-side Galleries Lounges at LHR, or would one be entitled to access the Arrivals Galleries lounges as well? I'm flying WT+ and don't have a OW credential that would otherwise permit access. If no one can offer anecdotal evidence either way I'll be happy to share my findings on Sunday morning.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:26 pm

Good luck -- it's my understanding that you need to be flying J or F to get in the BA lounges. Happy to be proven wrong. If you don't get access, then there's a private lounge next to the United lounge in T-2 (?) that charges a flat fee for admission. Not sure about the non-airline affiliated lounges in T4 or T5.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
If you need J or F to access BA lounges, what would the point of this listed benefit be? Lounge access is included in BA J or F.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rtner-benefits

Available to MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K members, plus one guest.

Complimentary access to the select British Airways Galleries Lounge locations listed below when holding a current day ticket/boarding pass with at least one British Airways operated international flight segment. Physical or mobile app digital elite tier card required.
  • Galleries Lounge in Heathrow International Airport (LHR) Terminal 3
  • Galleries Lounge in Heathrow International Airport (LHR) Terminal 5
I suspect OP’s answer will be “no” because the arrivals lounges are not listed and it’s talking about flights. I suspect that just departure lounges are included. No harm in asking I guess. Also happy to be wrong.

Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
No access to the arrivals lounge. The Galleries lounges at T3 and T5 are fine, even with a Y or Y+ ticket. You may get some pushback if there's an agent who hasn't deal with AS MVPGs before; we're not particularly common there.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
No access to the arrivals lounge. The Galleries lounges at T3 and T5 are fine, even with a Y or Y+ ticket. You may get some pushback if there's an agent who hasn't deal with AS MVPGs before; we're not particularly common there.
right, it took some effort: showing them my AS Gold card and the website documenting the benefit to motivate one of the agents to “research it” back in March. On the return trip, it was no issue at all, though.

Also, is it just me, or has the Galleries food gone downhill in recent years, like most things BA?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

right, it took some effort: showing them my AS Gold card and the website documenting the benefit to motivate one of the agents to “research it” back in March. On the return trip, it was no issue at all, though.

Also, is it just me, or has the Galleries food gone downhill in recent years, like most things BA?
I miss sandwiches. They were portable. Others probably really like the hot food options.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I remember the chicken tikka masala being relatively good. Or, I was very "peckish." Either way, Terraces or Galleries, not so impressed. I fly EK a lot though so my standards are different.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Metanoia
I remember the chicken tikka masala being relatively good. Or, I was very "peckish." Either way, Terraces or Galleries, not so impressed. I fly EK a lot though so my standards are different.
I was at T5 just last week and had a veggie curry that was quite delicious, not in the same league as the curry we had two nights prior at a Michelin rated resto in Marylebone but good nonetheless.

I gained access to the Galleries with my WT seat and 75K status.

Note: The T5 South Galleries is far better and more spacious than the T5 North Galleries, IMO.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
OP here. Yes- sorry it’s been a busy week and I haven’t had time to report back. Galleries Arrivals in T5 is actually open M-F from 5a-6p(?) so I wasn’t even able to give it a go. I did visit the Plaza Premium lounges in T2 and T4 on Priority Pass. I will say that while it was an additional changeover in trains to get to T4 vs T2, the PP lounge there was far larger and had better amenities than the T2 version. T2 was literally a converted retail space that was quite small, really limited seating and only 3 showers which left me waiting quite some time. Even on a Sunday morning it was overrun. Next time I would go straight to T4 if other options were unavailable.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by USFFlyer
OP here. Yes- sorry it’s been a busy week and I haven’t had time to report back. Galleries Arrivals in T5 is actually open M-F from 5a-6p(?) so I wasn’t even able to give it a go. I did visit the Plaza Premium lounges in T2 and T4 on Priority Pass. I will say that while it was an additional changeover in trains to get to T4 vs T2, the PP lounge there was far larger and had better amenities than the T2 version. T2 was literally a converted retail space that was quite small, really limited seating and only 3 showers which left me waiting quite some time. Even on a Sunday morning it was overrun. Next time I would go straight to T4 if other options were unavailable.
The BA Arrivals lounge is open from 5am - 2pm.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
I just flew out of LHR Tuesday morning on some super cheap BA fare, don't remember the exact code, but no checked luggage allowance

The gate agent was little perplexed by the situation, commenting that my ticket didn't have an indicator on it showing lounge access. I flew some legs FI Saga on this trip and they all did have the name of the lounge printed somewhere on the card. I was ready to pull up the AS website if needed, but she was aware that as Gold I should have access
I just showed her that my FF# on the ticket matched my card and she sorta shrugged it off and scanned me in.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
We used the T5 South Galleries last weekend. I showed agent the WT+ boarding pass and my MVPGold digital card. The only hesitation she had was to ensure I did not need to have the physical card in lieu of the digital. She checked a notebook, then let us in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.