FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Mid-Con Flights - No More Printed Menus in F (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1935078-mid-con-flights-no-more-printed-menus-f.html)

Buster CT1K Oct 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Mid-Con Flights - No More Printed Menus in F

From my travels in September and October, it looks like midcon flights are no longer getting printed menus in first class. The exact routes were PDX-ORD, ORD-SFO, and SFO-ORD.

Were my experiences the anomaly?

Buster Oct 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Nope. No menus my last few flights between BUR-PDX.

jrl767 Oct 11, 2018 1:12 pm

menu card was absent on IAD-SEA last Friday also :/

Legend717 Oct 11, 2018 3:41 pm

The menu was always spotty, in my experience.
Even when it WAS loaded onto the plane, flight attendants often forgot it.
Except on SkyWest... those folks have their stuff together!

dayone Oct 11, 2018 3:55 pm

I'm OK with no menu on mid-con and shorter flights, but I understand that having a menu is a YMMV.

AS737 Oct 11, 2018 6:11 pm

No more menus except on premium markets (Hawaii, NE, DC, Florida)

rustykettel Oct 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 30305190)
I'm OK with no menu on mid-con and shorter flights, but I understand that having a menu is a YMMV.

I liked that it kept AS honest. If a flight was miscatered or some part of the service was overlooked, it was readily apparent. Now it's back to loosey goosey whatever.

Originally Posted by AS737 (Post 30305546)
No more menus except on premium markets (Hawaii, NE, DC, Florida)

I realize this has been the grouping for several months now, but this also is a downgrade from the previous HI & transcon grouping for RDU, CHS and near transcon destinations such as MSY and others.

RaginPlainsman Oct 11, 2018 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Legend717 (Post 30305133)
The menu was always spotty, in my experience.

Same here. Maybe 50/50 on the routes I've flown the past year, even the transcons.

jjmadison Oct 12, 2018 2:02 am

Menus 4/6 flights lately for me. It never used to be so spotty.

PDX4MSU Oct 12, 2018 6:06 am

FA on PDX-ORD-PDX said no more menus

notquiteaff Oct 12, 2018 6:23 am

Maybe they could make it available in the app.

sfozrhfco Oct 12, 2018 7:25 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 30307028)
Maybe they could make it available in the app.

or save even more money and cut out food completely:)

UAPremierExec Oct 12, 2018 10:01 am

No menu or blankets on SFO-MCO this am...

jiburi Oct 12, 2018 10:24 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec (Post 30307778)
No menu or blankets on SFO-MCO this am...

To be honest, the concept of printed inflight Menu, is outdated and un-necessary in the current "tech connected" world. The move to a ordering system on the app is much better (and it comes with pictures :P ....made better if only it was more reliably available.... Am hopeful this will be resolved sooner than later.

The plus side of the app is that you can know in advance what you will be getting, provided you had advanced reservation in F. The negative are those gate upgrades when you don't quite know what you might get.

I do appreciate the duvet blankets when we get them but, to be honest, I prefer the old dark blue blanket of the old.....

Jiburi

Buster CT1K Oct 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by jiburi (Post 30307876)
To be honest, the concept of printed inflight Menu, is outdated and un-necessary in the current "tech connected" world. The move to a ordering system on the app is much better (and it comes with pictures :P ....made better if only it was more reliably available.... Am hopeful this will be resolved sooner than later.

The plus side of the app is that you can know in advance what you will be getting, provided you had advanced reservation in F. The negative are those gate upgrades when you don't quite know what you might get.

I do appreciate the duvet blankets when we get them but, to be honest, I prefer the old dark blue blanket of the old.....

Jiburi

The descriptions on the app are not as fulsome as the menus. They menus also had the tea and wine lists, which the app certainly does not.