Search

MCO American to Alaska gates?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
MCO American to Alaska gates?

Hi all,
I have about an hour in between flights at MCO...inbound on American and outbound on Alaska. It's been ages since I've flown to MCO and never transited there. Alaska is in Terminal A, American is in Terminal B. I can't tell by looking at the terminal map whether you have to exit the secure area and re-enter. Can anyone here verify if there is an airside connection between the two parts of the airport?
Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Wiley
Hi all,
I have about an hour in between flights at MCO...inbound on American and outbound on Alaska. It's been ages since I've flown to MCO and never transited there. Alaska is in Terminal A, American is in Terminal B. I can't tell by looking at the terminal map whether you have to exit the secure area and re-enter. Can anyone here verify if there is an airside connection between the two parts of the airport?
Thanks!
I just did it a couple of weeks ago. You have to take a train, exit airside, walk across the terminal, go through security, and then take another train. Ridic.
Wiley likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That leaves you very little room in the event of a delay. Keep track of the next AS flight as it is AA which will need to rebook you should you misconnect due to a delay.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG -> MVP -> now nothing, DL SM, Global Entry
Sides A (north) and B (south) are really only important for where to go for ticket counters and baggage claim, which of course won't matter to you when connecting (you can walk between the two sides if you're landside; it's basically reminiscent of a shopping mall in between). More important for connections is that gates 1-59 are connected airside (west), as are 70-129 (east) - but you must connect landside if one gate is numbered below 70 and the other above. Even with that you may have to take the train to the terminal - don't leave airside - and another one back out to the other "pod" even if you are transiting between two gates that are connected airside. I believe AS is in "pod" Airside 2, which if so means your AA flight has to be between gates 70-129 to make an airside connection (per Wikipedia, for whatever that's worth, AA uses gates 30-59).

MCO is an annoying airport to connect through, probably because the vast majority of pax are O&D. Even on American I've had to leave airside to connect between two flights due to the gates they were at (possibly because it was domestic to international).

Sorry that's so confusing!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
AS uses 111 and 112. Such as shame since AA has a nice beautiful new AA club in MCO....
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Ugh...yeah, looks like I'm going to be crossing the entire airport diagonally. Let's hope the time isn't an issue
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Do you have TSA Pre? That could come in handy, as regular security lines would get backed up at various points during the day.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
MCO also has CLEAR.

I've made it from Alaska's counters to gate 111 in less than 15 minutes.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Just went through MCO 2 weeks ago. You will be crossing that terminal. Figure about 45minutes or so at a brisk clip between tram, security, tram, gate. That assumes PreCheck.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
If you have Pre you'll be fine. I fly through MCO.....a lot, and I've rarely waited more than 2-3 minutes in the prechek line.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by 91foxbody
If you have Pre you'll be fine. I fly through MCO.....a lot, and I've rarely waited more than 2-3 minutes in the prechek line.
Not always. Terminal A can get crazy at times, even with Pre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.