Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge Discount for Priority Pass Members

Old Oct 3, 18, 10:02 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond

Just received in email:

Our Lounges have been thoughtfully designed as a destination to relax and recharge, to catch up on work or catch the game. Now through October 31, we’re offering a $100 refund when you buy a one-year Alaska Lounge membership.

Here's how it works: If you're a member of another lounge, simply purchase an Alaska Lounge membership, then email [email protected] with your Mileage Plan number and a picture of your other lounge membership card. We'll refund $100 to the form of payment.
Lol. I see how it is. Alaska boots out the Priority Pass members and then wants to get the revenue back all for themselves via lounge memberships.

Neil

(Update: This is a targeted offer)
be_rettSEA likes this.

Last edited by missamo80; Oct 3, 18 at 5:56 pm
Old Oct 3, 18, 10:07 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire Elite
Just got the same email.. Drops it to under $200 for Gold/75K, but given I'm already paying for Priority Pass via a credit card annual fee, I'd rather not add it on top of it. If I was still SEA based, I'd consider it. If they upped the offer to $200 off, I'd probably do it.
Old Oct 3, 18, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
Got it as well. No chance I do this, although the JFK Lounge did impress me.
Old Oct 3, 18, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by missamo80 View Post
Just received in email:

Lol. I see how it is. Alaska boots out the Priority Pass members and then wants to get the revenue back all for themselves via lounge memberships.

Neil
Lol....that's how I took the email as well....I guess having the "no PP" sign out for 90% of the day didn't quite work out the way they thought it would....thanks for the offer, but no thanks....you wanted less crowded lounges so you get less crowded (and less revenue-earning) lounges.
Old Oct 3, 18, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Do you think this is a targeted email? I am Gold, and have a Delta SkyClub lifetime membership; Seattle based. Starting Jan 1, 2019, I must be flying Delta to get into SkyClub. So $195 for a year membership seems very attractive to me, but if $295, I'll use the Club at Sea instead.
Old Oct 3, 18, 1:21 pm

Programs: Free agent
Depending on your travel habits though, all the Admirals Clubs and handful of United Clubs you get as part of Alaska Lounge membership could also sweeten the pot a bit. If LAX also gets booted from Priority Pass, I might begrudgingly bite at an offer like this in the future.
Old Oct 3, 18, 2:17 pm

That's... "nice". I bought an Alaska Lounge membership a couple months ago when they announced PP wouldn't be accepted. Glad my loyalty was rewarded. :P
Old Oct 3, 18, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH G
Originally Posted by scklumb View Post
Do you think this is a targeted email? I am Gold, and have a Delta SkyClub lifetime membership; Seattle based. Starting Jan 1, 2019, I must be flying Delta to get into SkyClub. So $195 for a year membership seems very attractive to me, but if $295, I'll use the Club at Sea instead.
If it helps with determining the targeting, I got it as a Gold with no memberships beyond PP through CSR. I don't plan on taking them up on the offer...
Old Oct 3, 18, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman View Post
If it helps with determining the targeting, I got it as a Gold with no memberships beyond PP through CSR. I don't plan on taking them up on the offer...
At any price, without a club @ SFO, this is a no go. For my occasional SEA connections, I'll take a brisk walk. For my even more occasional PDX visits, I'll have a meal, maybe 2 of them, and some good spirits. For my occasional LAX stop, I'm either in F, or will sacrifice a 75K visit.
missamo80 and maradori like this.
Old Oct 3, 18, 5:10 pm

Could have fooled me that the lounges are empty with no more PP allowed in Seattle. I couldn't find a place to sit @ the N lounge in SeaTac on Monday morning (10AMish). I've never seen it so full.
Old Oct 3, 18, 5:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I didn't get the email but I am an MVPG with Priority Pass so I'd consider doing this if I knew it was eligible.
Old Oct 3, 18, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by ffman999 View Post
I didn't get the email but I am an MVPG with Priority Pass so I'd consider doing this if I knew it was eligible.
Likewise.
Old Oct 3, 18, 5:56 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
It's targeted. From the Terms and Conditions: "This promotion is valid only for the named recipient of the email offer linking to this page. This offer cannot be reproduced, gifted, or transferred to anyone else."
Old Oct 3, 18, 6:08 pm

I have absolutely no status (except in my own mind ) I received this offer, so I don't really think it is status related.
Old Oct 3, 18, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Been doing a lot of trips lately involving PDX and the Bay Area. No real clubs there except for the closet at PDX. Haven't connected in SEA or LAX for a while, which could be a reason why I wasn't targeted for this offer?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: