Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge Discount for Priority Pass Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounge Discount for Priority Pass Members

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Got this as well. Being SEA based and given the fact the centurion lounge is full at times now as well, it's tempting to take them up on this. Good thing it lasts until the 31st.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Gold here. No email. Wouldn’t pay, so I guess their targeting worked
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:46 pm

Gold 75K here with PP. DIdn't get targeted. I would have purchased if they had sent it to me.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
75K, didn't get targeted

My thoughts are same with Eastbay1K - even if I was targeted, there's nothing to consider for me because there is no lounge at SFO (and even if there was, I wouldn't bite LOL since I'd rather go to McDonalds at PDX or the Cent lounge when connecting thru SEA)
missamo80 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by missamo80
Just received in email:

Lol. I see how it is. Alaska boots out the Priority Pass members and then wants to get the revenue back all for themselves via lounge memberships.

Neil

(Update: This is a targeted offer)
While consumer might prefer PP membership for expansive collection of lounges, Alaska's take for each of PP member's visit was likely insufficient to guarantee revenue for alaska lounge. Makes sense for AS to make this move.
Jiburi
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by scklumb
Do you think this is a targeted email? I am Gold, and have a Delta SkyClub lifetime membership; Seattle based. Starting Jan 1, 2019, I must be flying Delta to get into SkyClub. So $195 for a year membership seems very attractive to me, but if $295, I'll use the Club at Sea instead.
Originally Posted by ffman999
I didn't get the email but I am an MVPG with Priority Pass so I'd consider doing this if I knew it was eligible.
Originally Posted by WrightHI
Likewise.
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Gold 75K here with PP. DIdn't get targeted. I would have purchased if they had sent it to me.
I'd suggest contacting AS (at the email address in the OP) to see if they will extend you the offer. I was talking with a corporate lounge manager this morning who said I could email them my info and they would give me the offer.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:31 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jiburi
While consumer might prefer PP membership for expansive collection of lounges, Alaska's take for each of PP member's visit was likely insufficient to guarantee revenue for alaska lounge. Makes sense for AS to make this move.
Jiburi
Alaska's take was somewhere around $27/visit.

Neil
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro

Neil
That explains why PP isn’t valuable to AS. Just like it wasn’t valuable to UA or DL when they participated. I like the AS Lounge, and I love AS. Just don’t fly them as much do to the reduced agreement with AA. However, I see way more value in their offer than a PP membership, due to the AC admission it gives. sitting in a crappy airport restaurant vs a quiet albeit crowded AS Lounge or AC seems like a simple choice.

Cheers.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Neil
That's what PP charges the customer (although they just recently raised the rates). Seems very unlikely they pay out that much to the lounges as there would be no profit for them.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by flymonthly
I'd suggest contacting AS (at the email address in the OP) to see if they will extend you the offer. I was talking with a corporate lounge manager this morning who said I could email them my info and they would give me the offer.
I tried emailing today, they said no.

Thank you for writing into the Alaska Lounge. This promotion is valid only for the named recipient of the email offer. This offer cannot be reproduced, gifted, or transferred to anyone else.
Kennedy Maionchi
Alaska Lounge Coordinator
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Gold 75K SEA based with PP membership, didn't get email. Doesn't matter though, because I prefer the Centurion Lounge to the Boardroom, and PP still works great internationally. With the four additional members on the Platinum Amex, our family gets lounge access all over the world for less than $200 pp.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by QT31415
Gold 75K SEA based with PP membership, didn't get email. Doesn't matter though, because I prefer the Centurion Lounge to the Boardroom, and PP still works great internationally. With the four additional members on the Platinum Amex, our family gets lounge access all over the world for less than $200 pp.
But how will you survive without the organic, made to order, pancakes with fresh 100% pure maple syrup? I suppose you can blow your year's supply of 75K lounge visits on one annual family pancake outing. Or, just pay for first class, pancakes are included!
missamo80 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
But how will you survive without the organic, made to order, pancakes with fresh 100% pure maple syrup? I suppose you can blow your year's supply of 75K lounge visits on one annual family pancake outing. Or, just pay for first class, pancakes are included!
I want to have a portable onboard pancake machine

I did not get said offer. If I did, not sure how I would react. As I do quite like my AMEX lounges. If I didn't have AMEX, I might move back to AS...

As I told AS folks before, they need a shower at the new SEA N Flagship lounge. I'm disappointed to hear this is not happening.
UAPremierExec and rustykettel like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
I got the offer, and I took it. In the end, it ended up being worth it in my mind for several reasons. I focus on AS, despite being PHX-based, so obviously I end up in SEA or PDX pretty much every trip. Alaska Lounge membership also gives me a shot at various AA and UA clubs.

Once my membership approaches expiration, I'll reevaluate.

Cheers.
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:00 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

That was one rumor. Other rumors put the reimbursement as low as $22.
UAPremierExec likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.