Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-175 seating sweet spot

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

E-175 seating sweet spot

It's well known that E-175 is one of the best plane Alaska has in terms of leg space. I just want to say if you are okay with spending a little money, 6C and 6D are basically first class seating for $15! While they are just premium seats, but 6C and 6D have more space due to the lack of bulkhead wall. The space is huge. They also don't jet out to the aisle like 6B. If you have $15 to throw at a seat, try to get in on 6C or 6D
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Keep in mind that the price varies with flight length so it's only $15 for very short flights like PDX-SEA.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Yeah, it's WAY more for routes like SEA-DAL.
Try $70. Or $40. Depends on Alaska's IT computer's mood swings.
Which is most definitely NOT a "sweet spot"!!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:51 am
Original Poster

I didn't mean the cost of moving up. I just meant that if you were to move up, those two are the best seats compare to the other ones available in the premium category.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but since seat guru doesn't have the LAX-DC transcon airbus seating where can I find it? Used to fly row 17 but now not sure. Any help appreciated. Thx
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I don't think I've ever flown in those seats on an E175 since, even as an MVP, I typically get upgraded on those flights.....love that plane
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
2A is my sweet spot on the E175. Even as a base MVP, there's a good chance that I'm there. Perhaps a function of being ex-MCI - not as much high-elite competition for upgrades here given that AS is still quite new to us.

But 6B is a great seat if you don't get the F upgrade. Sure, you have to retract your feet during boarding, but inflight it's infinite legroom.

I love E175s. My favorite narrowbody, including all of the Boeings and Airbii.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread
It's totally in the wrong thread since an Airbus is not an E-175 (which is short for Embraer 175, which is not a plane manufactured by Airbus- it's made by Embraer).

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ircraft/series

Originally Posted by pinniped
But 6B is a great seat if you don't get the F upgrade. Sure, you have to retract your feet during boarding, but inflight it's infinite legroom.
I agree, got to sit in it after a SDC out of F and ending up the only person not upgraded. Got 6A open next to me, so couldn't really care less about not getting the upgrade on SMF-SEA.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Oct 2, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but since seat guru doesn't have the LAX-DC transcon airbus seating where can I find it? Used to fly row 17 but now not sure. Any help appreciated. Thx
Seatguru is a little behind the times: the Airbii are still filed under Virgin America.
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Vi...nformation.php

Row 17 is an unremarkable row in all three types.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Longtime AA EXP turned free agent... 4 upcoming legs on Alaska 175s

Flying DAL-LGA RT next week in paid F but now looking at DAL-SJC later in the year, likely in Y. Seatguru actually dings the 6th row on seat width...what do yall think? Both flights are back of the bus in Y unless you take the "Premium class," which is 29 bucks and wide open. Any intel on these would be great.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by 869
Longtime AA EXP turned free agent... 4 upcoming legs on Alaska 175s

Flying DAL-LGA RT next week in paid F but now looking at DAL-SJC later in the year, likely in Y. Seatguru actually dings the 6th row on seat width...what do yall think? Both flights are back of the bus in Y unless you take the "Premium class," which is 29 bucks and wide open. Any intel on these would be great.
Row 6 does have tray tables in the armrests, so a tad narrower.

AS premium on the 175 is a comfortable ride. Maybe go 7B if the width concerns you and you want a real tray table? $29 is a solid value on a flight that long that provides free drinks in premium.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pinniped
Row 6 does have tray tables in the armrests, so a tad narrower.

AS premium on the 175 is a comfortable ride. Maybe go 7B if the width concerns you and you want a real tray table? $29 is a solid value on a flight that long that provides free drinks in premium.
Thanks! AA has seats with armrest trays that are MISERABLE so the thought makes me nervous. I'll book row 7 and then take a look at 6 next week on the way to NY
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:54 am
Original Poster

The tray table is not in the center, it is on the side. You can lift the center armrest like a normal seat. I honestly didn't feel any difference between row 6 and row 7. I booked row 7 going there, row 6 coming back. Row 6 had more leg space than first class.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:23 am

Just to piggyback on this thread we are flying DAL-LGA soon and paid the extra $ for row 7 (4 adults so all across). We were going to pick row 6 but the seating chart alerted me that 6C is a disabled seat and I didn't want to chance one of our seats getting bumped. Is row 7 ideal or should I move us to 6? Also since this is a 3.5 hr flight should we expect just one drink offered or how does that work with premium? Not asking if we can get "liquored up" just more so asking what the etiquette is regarding drink requests and expectations.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I have flown in row 6 disabled seats on AS planes for years. I have never, not once, been bumped from them. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen, but I consider it low risk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.