Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-175 seating sweet spot

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Looks like windows aren't as important to most SeatGuru posters as they are to me. Someone commented about the window being horribly misaligned in row 7 (and 11, but I've paid for Premium), but how are rows 6 and 8? I've been a look-out-the-window type of flyer since my first flight in 1967, and I don't plan to change now!
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by dliesse
Looks like windows aren't as important to most SeatGuru posters as they are to me. Someone commented about the window being horribly misaligned in row 7 (and 11, but I've paid for Premium), but how are rows 6 and 8? I've been a look-out-the-window type of flyer since my first flight in 1967, and I don't plan to change now!
The E175 windows are the best in the fleet for viewing - they are bigger and higher than Airbii or 737s. That said, I cannot remember the alignment. When's your flight?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:44 pm

Not for a couple months, but since I have to call Reservations anyway -- drastic schedule change (they now have 2 flights a day and I'd rather come back in the afternoon than in the morning) -- I figured I might as well have my seat request ready for them. No great big deal, since I'm still almost the only one with a seat at all, but I also know I won't remember to look later on.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by DrAlex
The E175 windows are the best in the fleet for viewing - they are bigger and higher than Airbii or 737s. That said, I cannot remember the alignment. When's your flight?
The E175 has a lot of space between windows compared to an A320 or 737. So getting a good view out of the window is tougher if you aren't sitting in a seat that lines up with the window well. Either have to twist your head way back or lean far forward in order to look out the window for quite a few seats. Not really comfortable.

I have better pictures somewhere, but I attached one that I found that I took that I'm almost positive is of 6A on an Alaska (Skywest) E175.

Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:32 pm

Well, looks like I'm going to be less than thrilled with either of those rows, since there's a wing outside those windows. Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by dliesse
Well, looks like I'm going to be less than thrilled with either of those rows, since there's a wing outside those windows. Thanks for the help!
That picture is indeed from row 6. I was in 6D today and the window spacing is a bit awkward, but you get full view in both of those windows and a bunch of leg room (more than most of the FC seats). Leaning forward you can see most everything you need to see, but not great for prolonged periods. The window next to the seat is a bit of a neck cranker, but you could (gasp) recline and it's just about right. Row 7 and 8 have limited views due to the engine and wing.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:38 pm

Actually looks like it's not much worse than the old DC-8s, which also had widely-spaced windows (one way for a 7-year-old to tell the difference between a DC-8 and a 720 if a good view of the nose wasn't available). Ended up taking 7D both directions, so we'll see!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.