E-175 seating sweet spot

Reply

Old Oct 4, 18, 10:10 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: LAX
Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire Elite
Posts: 596
Originally Posted by Jenn0625 View Post
Just to piggyback on this thread we are flying DAL-LGA soon and paid the extra $ for row 7 (4 adults so all across). We were going to pick row 6 but the seating chart alerted me that 6C is a disabled seat and I didn't want to chance one of our seats getting bumped. Is row 7 ideal or should I move us to 6? Also since this is a 3.5 hr flight should we expect just one drink offered or how does that work with premium? Not asking if we can get "liquored up" just more so asking what the etiquette is regarding drink requests and expectations.
Not often, but I've been bumped from row 6 before. With less seats across than a 737, and you all wanting to sit together, I'd stick with Row 7. You'll still have decent legroom. For Premium, you'll not be charged for beverages, so it's basically as many times they bring the cart through the aisle (and sometimes a nice ask for a refill if they're in the galleys and not busy, too)
be_rettSEA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 19, 9:51 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO
Programs: AS more so than UA these days
Posts: 1,398
Does anyone have any input on legroom in Row 1 (2 seat side) vs Row 2? I'm curious if the bulkhead is a hindrance on this aircraft.

I have several trips in Q2/Q3 coming up to Montana and it looks like they've finally changed the SEA flt to a E175, which I've never flown on QX before.

Thank you in advance for any insight, it's me and a colleague and we're both rather tall. (6'1 and 6'2)
NoLaGent is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 19, 10:19 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Posts: 678
Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
Does anyone have any input on legroom in Row 1 (2 seat side) vs Row 2? I'm curious if the bulkhead is a hindrance on this aircraft.

I have several trips in Q2/Q3 coming up to Montana and it looks like they've finally changed the SEA flt to a E175, which I've never flown on QX before.

Thank you in advance for any insight, it's me and a colleague and we're both rather tall. (6'1 and 6'2)
Row 1 is indeed a legroom hindrance.
But it's not terrible. You just can't extend your feet much in front of you.
That said, my personal choice is row 2. I can put my legs under the row 1 seat (regardless of whether you're on the left or right side of the aisle), and I'm still close enough to the front that I typically get my choice of meals.
Hope that's helpful!
NoLaGent and Flying for Fun like this.
Legend717 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 19, 11:29 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO
Programs: AS more so than UA these days
Posts: 1,398
Originally Posted by Legend717 View Post
Row 1 is indeed a legroom hindrance.
But it's not terrible. You just can't extend your feet much in front of you.
That said, my personal choice is row 2. I can put my legs under the row 1 seat (regardless of whether you're on the left or right side of the aisle), and I'm still close enough to the front that I typically get my choice of meals.
Hope that's helpful!
Very much so, thank you!

All 12 seats (on each set of 4 roundtrips I need to book) are open, so Row 2 it is.
Legend717 and Flying for Fun like this.
NoLaGent is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 19, 8:22 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Seattle
Programs: Alaska airlines 75K
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by Jenn0625 View Post
Just to piggyback on this thread we are flying DAL-LGA soon and paid the extra $ for row 7 (4 adults so all across). We were going to pick row 6 but the seating chart alerted me that 6C is a disabled seat and I didn't want to chance one of our seats getting bumped. Is row 7 ideal or should I move us to 6? Also since this is a 3.5 hr flight should we expect just one drink offered or how does that work with premium? Not asking if we can get "liquored up" just more so asking what the etiquette is regarding drink requests and expectations.
Very low risk. Drink cart comes by twice for cocktails and on the first run itís not unusual to just be given two liquor bottles and a can of mixer.

I used to fly this style bird twice a week and my favorite as a single was 6D as there is no issues even if you have to get up the 6C person doesnít have to get up. If flying as a pair 6C and 6D are great as center arm rail rises and the leg room is actually greater than F.

2A was always my first choice then 3A, 4A, 2C, then 3C.
Xrayman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 19, 8:26 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Seattle
Programs: Alaska airlines 75K
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
Very much so, thank you!

All 12 seats (on each set of 4 roundtrips I need to book) are open, so Row 2 it is.
Correct, row 2 C and D best choice for a pair. My spouse won’t do 2A and 2C side by side on aisle.
NoLaGent likes this.
Xrayman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 19, 4:15 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YVR, HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Posts: 4,983
So piggybacking on the above, what is the consensus for the best F seats? We are a couple but don’t have a problem not sitting next to each other. I have us in 1A and 2A right now but are we better off on the 2 seat side? I like an aisle seat and window access isn’t a big deal to me so 2CD are fine. But is the A side that much better (and is there an advantage for 1A) or should we go for CD? The whole cabin is open right now so we can have whatever we want.
Finkface is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 19, 4:35 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Seattle
Programs: Alaska airlines 75K
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
So piggybacking on the above, what is the consensus for the best F seats? We are a couple but donít have a problem not sitting next to each other. I have us in 1A and 2A right now but are we better off on the 2 seat side? I like an aisle seat and window access isnít a big deal to me so 2CD are fine. But is the A side that much better (and is there an advantage for 1A) or should we go for CD? The whole cabin is open right now so we can have whatever we want.
2A and 3A or 2A and 2C is my preference.
Xrayman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 19, 4:40 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVP Gold
Posts: 1,190
When traveling alone I go with 2A, with someone else (unless you both want window and asile) 2C/D
jsguyrus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 19, 4:47 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YVR, HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Posts: 4,983
Originally Posted by Xrayman View Post


2A and 3A or 2A and 2C is my preference.
Originally Posted by jsguyrus View Post
When traveling alone I go with 2A, with someone else (unless you both want window and asile) 2C/D
Thanks. It is a short flight, right around midnight so nothing much to see. I think I’ll take 2 and 3A.
Finkface is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 19, 5:49 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,348
For SJC-BUR I've been seeing premium for a $5 upcharge.

Also very low fares (cheaper than SFO-LAX).
VegasGambler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 19, 9:01 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO
Programs: AS more so than UA these days
Posts: 1,398
Originally Posted by Legend717 View Post
Row 1 is indeed a legroom hindrance.
But it's not terrible. You just can't extend your feet much in front of you.
That said, my personal choice is row 2. I can put my legs under the row 1 seat (regardless of whether you're on the left or right side of the aisle), and I'm still close enough to the front that I typically get my choice of meals.
Hope that's helpful!
Originally Posted by Xrayman View Post
Correct, row 2 C and D best choice for a pair. My spouse wonít do 2A and 2C side by side on aisle.
After seeing this thread again today, I'd just like to say that after 4 RTs on this plane in the last 2 months, 2CD is hands down the best for 2 folks traveling together. Row 3 isn't bad either, but 2 is definitely my favorite.
be_rettSEA and Flying for Fun like this.
NoLaGent is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 19, 3:49 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA PremEx-MM
Posts: 3,028
I had 4A SAN-SMF the other day - very nice. 6C/D were empty and looked very spacious as I glanced over. Great service, too. I connected to UA SMF-DEN on a miserable 737-900 and it hardly seemed like F. Seat 5A is the pits: missing window, limited recline, less pitch than AS and a whooshing toilet right behind. Plus United's finest "service."
Kurt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 19, 8:53 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kirkland, WA
Programs: AS 75K,AA Plat, UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott Tit, Hyatt Glb, Accors Plt, Natl Exec, Avis PC
Posts: 3,642
I actually prefer 1A and I am not a bulkhead favoring person. I don't find the reduced legroom too bad. What is a great benefit to me is that you don't have another seat leaning into you so if you need to do laptop work, it is a great place to do that. You do normally have to put your work bag up behind you over seat 2 and need to get it down when you get to proper altitude. I never get admonished from getting up at the 10K chime and fetching it. Another advantage of 1A is you get great access to the FA so you get more attention.

Most bulkhead seats I don't like because of the tray table in the armrest. I have a bad back so need to sit a little sideways and rotate at times. However, all FC seats have this anyway but the seat is wider anyway so not a problem.

As for Row 6, I agree about 6C and D but I don't like having my feet in 6C going straight into the aisle. FAs do need to move back and forth there at times. There is also the warning about getting booted from one of those seats due to a disabled pax. I know that is rare but I always worry about it. I have been picking 6D as my economy place until I get upgraded. I have been flying SEA-DAL-SEA regularly so have gotten into the routine on that aircraft. Note some flights on that route are now 737s.
dmodemd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 19, 5:11 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Posts: 673
When I travel solo, seats 2a,3a,4a are my favorites...I donít need to worry about being bothered with a seat mate and my bag can fit under the seat in front of me. I get upgraded 99% of the time on E175s so I donít know what 6CD feel like...I always book them but never actually sit in them LOL
Flying for Fun likes this.
Hotel_junkie is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread