Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska: Posting error when trying to buy miles

Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, new joiner here. I recently (on Aug 16th) registered with Mileage Plan ​​​trying to take advantage of the unlimited mile purchase and the bonus on offer. However so far I have failed to buy miles. Basically it would go through on the website, but 3 or 4 days later I got an email saying

Alaska Airlines Miles Purchase Failure
​​​​​​

Posting Error

Your recent Mileage Plan transaction could not be completed. The transaction has been canceled and your credit card has not been charged. Please try your transaction again or contact Customer Care.Cancellation summary

Date of Request:09/10/2018

Transaction Number:xx

I have tried on 3 different credit cards, all didn't work (go through initially, failure email few days later).
I read that it could be the age of my Mileage Plan account, but my latest request was on 9/10 so 3weeks+ since account creation
I also read that it could be the fact that I'm overseas based but apparently they got rid of that restriction?
Calling customer care didn't help at all

Would appreciate any insights!

Thanks

Ron
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by clyclycly
Calling customer care didn't help at all
What did they say? If they can't provide an explanation & how to clear it or opened a ticket with IT, I'd request an escalation to a supervisor.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

They told me they don't know what it is .. please try again, was really not that helpful

Wondering if it is possible to buy the miles (with the bonus) on the phlnp with them ...
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

What did the issuers of your three credit cards say when you called them to ask about the transactions?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:56 am
Original Poster

That's a good point, for 2 out of my cards the charge didn't even hit my card, and for my Citi card it's showing up as pending - I will call Citi to see what they think is happening
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by clyclycly
That's a good point, for 2 out of my cards the charge didn't even hit my card, and for my Citi card it's showing up as pending - I will call Citi to see what they think is happening
so have ypu succeded prurchasing alaska mileage plan? I aalso encountered same problem recently.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:43 am

did OP manage to buy miles after 10 days? I'm facing the exact same problem.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 2:25 pm

Same issue

Originally Posted by loneleeness
did OP manage to buy miles after 10 days? I'm facing the exact same problem.
i am trying to buy miles at Alaska airline website and errors happened I tried 7 different cards but still didnt go through.all of the transactions is pending on the credit card. Calling credit card company and they said my cards are all without issue and called Alaska rep they wanted me to call points.com but points.com didnt have phone call customer service and o sent email to them NO response!! Really sucks and looks like Not only me had this issue.

did Alaska airlines know this issue????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.