Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Testing New Boarding Pass Scanner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Testing New Boarding Pass Scanner

They were testing a new boarding pass scanner system at SNA. It was tablet based and very fast to read the barcode.

I didn't know that I needed to ready to take a picture, so I didn't get the device. However, I did get the survey that was on the seat.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Was it handheld or fixed? I see watch as a boarding pass option, but the current scanner setup doesn't really work for that unlike other carriers.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP
AS had this tablet boarding pass scanner in MSP back in Mar.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Was it handheld or fixed? I see watch as a boarding pass option, but the current scanner setup doesn't really work for that unlike other carriers.
It was in a stand. There was a good 6-10" of space underneath it. When I saw it, my watch was the first thing I thought of. It would actually work with this setup.
rustykettel and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingstudent
AS had this tablet boarding pass scanner in MSP back in Mar.
There were about four other employees (I assume IT testing folks) watching the process. The device could be lifted off the stand and brought on the plane, so they could resolve issues right there instead of needing to go back to the desk. The gate agent was showing some features to the flight crew, she seemed really excited about it.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by lg20
There were about four other employees (I assume IT testing folks) watching the process. The device could be lifted off the stand and brought on the plane, so they could resolve issues right there instead of needing to go back to the desk. The gate agent was showing some features to the flight crew, she seemed really excited about it.
That sounds like an improvement ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.