Last edit by: beckoa
Shorthaul:

MidCon:

Long Haul:
Print Wikipost

2018 Alaska Airlines Beverage Offerings

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Arrow 2018 Alaska Airlines Beverage Offerings

Proposal:

We create a complete on board menu with quantities available of catering for Fall of 2018.

Both regular drinks and the "special ones".

There seems to be 3 categories of flights on AS metal:

Shorthaul. These tend to share carts and include multiple segments.

Mid-con. Mostly these tend to be Round Trip Catered.

Long Haul/Hawaii. Tend to be catered at outstation, and have more room on carts for beverages.

There is also the QX and OO flights...

Thoughts?

Can post in the thread or wiki.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:18 pm

As far as beverages go, all flights are round trip catered unless they touch SEA (LAX, PDX, or ANC can be hit or miss on whether everything gets catered or not, whereas SEA is a sure bet to be catered). And when they are RT catered, both flights share the same beverage cart in FC, and there's a second cart catered in MC. If you see catering at an outstation, they're just doing fresh food/ice/trash. All flights offer the same beverage menu:

This is in the FC cart. For MC just double everything but spirits as those are the same regardless, and replace the sparkling wine bottle with 4 mini Prosecco bottles on each side of the cart

Non-alcoholic: Coca-Cola (5), Diet Coke (3), Coke Zero (2) Tonic water (2), Seltzer Water (6), Sprite (4), Sprite Zero (2 currently, changing to 1), Ginger Ale (6), Apple Juice (3), Mr/Mrs T's Bloody Mary Mix (3, and will be going back to Wicked soon), Tomato Juice (2), Cranberry (3, currently cran-apple, will be returning to standard cranberry soon)

Wines: Red (2 bottles on mid-con and shorter, 3 bottles on long haul, currently Red Blend from Pendulum, will be Cabernet Sauvignon from Broken Earth Winery starting 9/16), white (same as red, currently Chardonnay from Canon 13, will be Chardonnay from Broken Earth Winery starting 9/16), sparkling wine (1 bottle)

Beers: Alaskan Kolsch (3), Firestone Walker 805 (2), Lagunitas 12th of Never Ale (2), Ballast Point Sculpin IPA (3)

Spirits: Woodford Reserve Bourbon (6), Tanqueray Gin (6), Bailey's Irish Coffee (4), Sauza Tequila (2), Cruzan Rum (4), Tito's Vodka (A LOT), Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka (2), Jack Daniel's Whiskey (I think 6), Crown Royal Whiskey (I think 8), Dewar's Scotch (6)

I'm working to OGG on Tuesday, so I'll be able to update the beers section with the number of Kona Longboards then

Last edited by AS737; Sep 9, 2018 at 9:25 pm
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AS737
As far as beverages go, all flights are round trip catered unless they touch SEA (LAX, PDX, or ANC can be hit or miss on whether everything gets catered or not, whereas SEA is a sure bet to be catered). And when they are RT catered, both flights share the same beverage cart in FC, and there's a second cart catered in MC. If you see catering at an outstation, they're just doing fresh food/ice/trash. All flights offer the same beverage menu:

This is in the FC cart. For MC just double everything but spirits as those are the same regardless, and replace the sparkling wine bottle with 4 mini Prosecco bottles on each side of the cart

Non-alcoholic: Coca-Cola (5), Diet Coke (3), Coke Zero (2) Tonic water (2), Seltzer Water (6), Sprite (4), Sprite Zero (2 currently, changing to 1), Ginger Ale (6), Apple Juice (3), Mr/Mrs T's Bloody Mary Mix (3, and will be going back to Wicked soon), Tomato Juice (2), Cranberry (3, currently cran-apple, will be returning to standard cranberry soon)

Wines: Red (2 bottles on mid-con and shorter, 3 bottles on long haul, currently Red Blend from Pendulum, will be Cabernet Sauvignon from Broken Earth Winery starting 9/16), white (same as red, currently Chardonnay from Canon 13, will be Chardonnay from Broken Earth Winery starting 9/16), sparkling wine (1 bottle)

Beers: Alaskan Kolsch (3), Firestone Walker 805 (2), Lagunitas 12th of Never Ale (2), Ballast Point Sculpin IPA (3)

Spirits: Woodford Reserve Bourbon (6), Tanqueray Gin (6), Bailey's Irish Coffee (4), Sauza Tequila (2), Cruzan Rum (4), Tito's Vodka (A LOT), Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka (2), Jack Daniel's Whiskey (I think 6), Crown Royal Whiskey (I think 8), Dewar's Scotch (6)

I'm working to OGG on Tuesday, so I'll be able to update the beers section with the number of Kona Longboards then
Unfortunately, all this useless knowledge is probably going to nudge out something important that I really need to remember in my fragile mind, which is already full
AS737 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS737

Does Coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream get requested so often that you just call it Bailey's Irish Coffee? lol. I do enjoye coffee and Bailey's, the Hazelnut Espresso Vodka is really nice too. My first request is always Tequila on the rocks with a wedge of lime. It amazes me how difficult/impossible it is to get on other airlines and in their lounges. Flew QF F DFW-SYD last week, no fresh lime, never mind the tequila. Same on CX & AA in premium Cabins. Of course EK is a flying liquor store! lol

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Sep 11, 2018 at 8:11 pm
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: Qantas

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Does Coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream get requested so often that you just call it Bailey's Irish Coffee? lol. I do enjoye coffee and Bailey's, the Hazelnut Espresso Vodka is really nice too. My first request is always Tequila on the rocks with a wedge of lime. It amazes me how difficult/impossible it is to get on other airlines and in their lounges. Flew QF F DFW-SYD last week, no fresh lime, never mind the tequila. Same on CX & AA in premium Cabins. Of course EK is a flying liquor store! lol

James
Dont laugh. Here in Australia and also in the UK we have Baileys Iced Coffee (comes in 500ml bottle). Unfortunately the Australian version is non alcoholic, but the UK version is alcoholic (both are branded with Baileys Irish Cream brand). I’ve tried booth - don’t really like either, they are both sickly sweet.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by justinbrett

Dont laugh. Here in Australia and also in the UK we have Baileys Iced Coffee (comes in 500ml bottle). Unfortunately the Australian version is non alcoholic, but the UK version is alcoholic (both are branded with Baileys Irish Cream brand). I’ve tried booth - don’t really like either, they are both sickly sweet.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. We don't have it in Canada that I am aware of and if we did it would definitely be non-alcoholic. I like an iced coffee but only black, cold brewed, no sugar. For giggles, maybe I will try one when I am back in Sydney next week. The Bailey's AS 737 was referring to is the real thing. I enjoy that as a coffee creamer on my AS flights.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.