Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$25 Alaska Lounge Day Pass for AS Visa Cardholders

Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...ounge/day-pass

Limited time offer: From September 1, 2018, to February 28, 2019, Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® cardholders can purchase a day pass for $25. Purchases must be made by the cardholder at the Lounge using an Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card and must be redeemed on the day of purchase.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I guess the JFK promo trial was successful. Not sure why AS (or BofA) would be pushing it. The AL won't sell day passes when the Priority Pass sign is out.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by Robt760
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...ounge/day-pass

Limited time offer: From September 1, 2018, to February 28, 2019, Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® cardholders can purchase a day pass for $25. Purchases must be made by the cardholder at the Lounge using an Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card and must be redeemed on the day of purchase.
Okay, but wait a minute... when the did day pass price go up to $50?
I'd swear I paid $40 or $45 just a couple months ago...
The last time I got in (at LAX... which I made a thread about, lol) was as a revenue F pax.
And while I don't think I'd pay $50 to get into the lounges, now that I've seen them, $25 could be more palatable if I found myself stuck on a six-hour layover.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
This is how they're planning on filling the lounges now that they've kicked all the Priority Pass people out?

Neil
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Still not worth it. I just use the Centurion Lounge at SEA anyways, and at other airports, there usually are other PP lounges available.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by missamo80
This is how they're planning on filling the lounges now that they've kicked all the Priority Pass people out?

Neil
I suspect it's the other way around. Priority Pass kicked them out in SEA.

Remember it doesn't make sense for them to drop PP the way they were doing it -- they were taking people only on a space available basis, and then to do the cut right at the start of the off-peak travel season. Clearly if they're discounting, they want to replace that lost revenue somehow.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
As was previously mentioned, when they have the no Priority Pass sign out, they also don't sell day passes so it really is a moot point how much the day passes sell for because Alaska Lounges like LAX and PDX typically have the sign out for most of the day/night. I suspect the Alaska Lounges in SEA have already ordered their "No Day Passes" signs so expect to see them soon...lol.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by missamo80

Neil
Honestly, I've wondered for a long time now how much money they've lost from the lack of Priority Pass swipes...it has to be adding up.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Legend717
Okay, but wait a minute... when the did day pass price go up to $50?
I'd swear I paid $40 or $45 just a couple months ago...
Good catch! Yes, it was $45. I'd say it changed in the last couple of days because Google's preview cache still says $45 for the AS day pass page.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS
I remember they were offering a 3 year membership which is now gone. It was something around $950 for new MVP 3 year membership. Other membership rates seem to be the same.

Last edited by pcoll; Sep 9, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Explorer789
Still not worth it. I just use the Centurion Lounge at SEA anyways, and at other airports, there usually are other PP lounges available.
Totally agree with this. Makes more sense to keep AmEx Plat than purchase AS Lounge membership , even with MVP pricing. It has gone up quite a bit.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Maybe pop my nose in and make the call to buy when I'm exSEA for Thanksgiving to see if its a bigger zoo inside or outside. But that's about the only scenario for me.

Business travelers who may expense it seem like another another target.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Question on the day pass. Can it be used in 2 different lounges? Flying SEA-LAX-ZIH. Can I buy a pass at SEA, then use it also during my layover at LAX?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:01 pm

Sigh ... so, gone are the three year renewals, and now the same price for New or renewing Golds, so no advantage for long term membership. Meanwhile, still no lounge in their “second home” of SFO.

One of these days I’ll figure out Alaska’s strategy for success, but it’s not obvious now. My bet is there’s a credit card / lounge tie in in the works.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Question on the day pass. Can it be used in 2 different lounges? Flying SEA-LAX-ZIH. Can I buy a pass at SEA, then use it also during my layover at LAX?
"A day pass is valid for use at any one of the Alaska Lounge locations."
No, a single day pass may not be used at two lounges, if you strictly interpret the above rule.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.