Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$25 Alaska Lounge Day Pass for AS Visa Cardholders

$25 Alaska Lounge Day Pass for AS Visa Cardholders

Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
"A day pass is valid for use at any one of the Alaska Lounge locations."
No, a single day pass may not be used at two lounges, if you strictly interpret the above rule.
Interesting because when I first read the terms and conditions, it looked like it was a 24 hour pass good for all Alaska Lounges, but I think you're correct here....it does specify just one lounge. I guess if you had a day trip via PDX/SEA/LAX/ANC, you could use the pass for both arriving and departing if it were within 24 hours although it's likely that the "full house" sign would be out the second time you tried to use the pass so once again, not a good deal unless they ever decide that day pass purchasers can enter regardless of lounge capacity which won't happen.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler
[left]Sigh ... so, gone are the three year renewals, and now the same price for New or renewing Golds, so no advantage for long term membership.
Gold/75K didn't get charged an initiation fee before either, but the elimination of the 3 year discount represents a $200 increase for Gold/75Ks doing that option. Ouch.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:04 am

Do you have to be flying AS with this offer? Or just hold the credit card and make the purchase with it?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
"A day pass is valid for use at any one of the Alaska Lounge locations."
No, a single day pass may not be used at two lounges, if you strictly interpret the above rule.
No my experience, I used a day pass in both SEA & ANC. I was told it was a DAY PASS and could be used at any lounge that day. Unless there has been a policy change since I have had access with AC Membership, I believe it still holds.

James
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
No my experience, I used a day pass in both SEA & ANC. I was told it was a DAY PASS and could be used at any lounge that day. Unless there has been a policy change since I have had access with AC Membership, I believe it still holds.

James
Thanks, that is interesting. I was under the same impression as PDX. When I first read it, I thought it meant day use all day, any club. But the "One" club blurb made me rethink it. Not really clear. I will not need it until the end of November, so hopefully a couple more people that have tried will come back with their experiences also.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

James
My only personal experience is ~4 years ago when I was told the opposite: SEA/LAX/SEA same-day travel would require 2 passes: 1 for SEA and 1 for LAX.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Gold/75K didn't get charged an initiation fee before either, but the elimination of the 3 year discount represents a $200 increase for Gold/75Ks doing that option. Ouch.
That sucks beans.
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by acarney
Do you have to be flying AS with this offer? Or just hold the credit card and make the purchase with it?
Re-reading the T & C on this....may be used for any airline for same day travel.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS
My only personal experience is ~4 years ago when I was told the opposite: SEA/LAX/SEA same-day travel would require 2 passes: 1 for SEA and 1 for LAX.
I think the wording on the T & C of the announcement may be misleading. May be used at any one of Alaska lounges. Could be understood that it is good at any of Alaska lounges.
In the past when I purchased day passes, I asked for the day pass back when I presented it in SEA. Explained I had connection in LAX and it was good for same day travel.
They gave me back the day pass paper and I was able to use it in LAX.
But.....with everything changing on a weekly basis, who knows what mood the lounge attendants will be in when confronted with this conundrum .
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll
I think the wording on the T & C of the announcement may be misleading. May be used at any one of Alaska lounges. Could be understood that it is good at any of Alaska lounges.
In the past when I purchased day passes, I asked for the day pass back when I presented it in SEA. Explained I had connection in LAX and it was good for same day travel.
They gave me back the day pass paper and I was able to use it in LAX.
But.....with everything changing on a weekly basis, who knows what mood the lounge attendants will be in when confronted with this conundrum .
And there is a 99.9% chance that the "No PP" sign will be out at LAX which makes your day pass usage a moot point (and arguably a waste of money if you thought you could use it at multiple locations).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
And there is a 99.9% chance that the "No PP" sign will be out at LAX which makes your day pass usage a moot point (and arguably a waste of money if you thought you could use it at multiple locations).
Well, I didn't see the No PP Sign out in SEA last week
missamo80 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Well, I didn't see the No PP Sign out in SEA last week
Give them time...I'm sure they're working on a "No Day Passes" sign as we speak.....lol.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
That would be an interesting situation. The AL won't sell a day pass when the sign is out, but would they honor an already purchased one? They apparently do for the 75K day passes.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:31 pm

That would be an interesting situation. The AL won't sell a day pass when the sign is out, but would they honor an already purchased one? They apparently do for the 75K day passes.
I don't think they turn away 75K day passes due to overcrowding. I've been turned away from using my PP but then tell them I have a 75K pass and they let me enter.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The AL won't sell a day pass when the sign is out, but would they honor an already purchased one?
Honoring is different than selling, so I would say yes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.