Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International partner Flights?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:32 am
Original Poster

International partner Flights?

Are there any international flights worth flying for a mileage run?
Seems domestic is more worthwhile?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG
In economy, that's usually the case. Although Qantas earns 100% EQM for most (all?) coach fares. For J or F, it depends on the carrier, the deal, etc, etc. Check out the mileage run discussion for more:

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by micgolub
Don't forget about international on AS. Anchorage to San Jose Costa Rica is a little over 10K return about 500 miles further than SEA-LHR-SEA. I did a 16K+ 10 segment, 4 country all AS itinerary last year and made a mini vacation out of it.

James
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by micgolub
A cheap QF fare might be 5 cpm (EQM). A cheap PE fare on BA, AA, etc. might be 7-8 cpm. Either way you can do better domestically. The only reason to do the intl flight would be to knock out a lot of miles per hour, if you’re time constrained, or because you actually want to visit the destination.

Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
This is 4.2 cpm. Doubt you’d get much better than that on an international partner. Plus you get the A380 from LAX to MEL and the A330 from MEL to PER, so at least the seats are about as wide as you’re going to get in Y.

https://www.theflightdeal.com/2018/0...ing-all-taxes/
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by milypan
This is 4.2 cpm. Doubt you’d get much better than that on an international partner. Plus you get the A380 from LAX to MEL and the A330 from MEL to PER, so at least the seats are about as wide as you’re going to get in Y.
That is excellent for 19,058 EQM. I am a little more adventurous. I am doing an 8 segment, 3Y, 5J itinerary ICN-NRT that crosses 4 continents and both Oceans starting Monday that generates 32,470 EQM at 6.8 cpm all on AS Partners KE, QF, LA, EK & CX. Only one flight will earn less than 100% of miles flown. For repositioning flights I flew/will fly awards AS to gateway QF DFW-SYD(F)//SYD-MEL(J) and CX MEL-HKG(J)//HKG-LAX(F), AS from gateway. My total itinerary for September and the first week of November will cover 82,027 miles, 64,166 EQM and 158,467 RDM plus another 50K RDM for reaching 75K again. I am just Flying for Fun!

James
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:46 am

yeah~! come join us in the LA ICN-SCL-NRT thread! it is fun and very adventurous, something for everyone! We can go as low as 2.3 cpm there, or go J segments around the globe woohoo!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beyounged
yeah~! come join us in the LA ICN-SCL-NRT thread! it is fun and very adventurous, something for everyone! We can go as low as 2.3 cpm there, or go J segments around the globe woohoo!
That's an epic thread.

Want to do it, just haven't had the time to do, or look at it much. Glad others can enjoy the madness ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.