What's with AS F availability?

Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by channa
Their RM is ridiculous. I had a SFO-ORD I needed for award (connecting to Europe), was in Y with the upgrade requested on a Business award. 0 seats sold, never opened A or U. 2 hours before departure, they dumped the entire F cabin (8 seats) to upgrades, including us, who were given scattered seats despite being on the same PNR and #2 and #3 on the list for a wide open cabin.

I get there's a last minute component to some markets, but all 8 seats, all the way to 2 hours before departure? They're leaving partner award revenue on the table, MVPG upgrade revenue (buyups to higher classes to get instant-ups or use certs), and possibly increasing their costs by pushing awards to other carriers when their space isn't available, etc.

For this reason alone, I have stopped buying instant upgrade fares and cert fares unless there is actual F upgrade space at that moment. The increased cost can no longer be justified. A little over a year ago, it was not difficult to buy either of those and get an upgrade down the line before upgrade windows. These days I'm more likely to see completely empty F, without ever seeing U space, right up until the upgrade windows. I've gone through the routine of calling to have myself taken off instant/cert upgrade and put into the waitlist a few times. Not really seeing the need to bother any longer.
TheDudeAbides and jjmadison like this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
The Published UG Windows have more or less been tossed out the Window
TheDudeAbides, jjmadison and pcoll like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.