Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap flights to Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Cheap flights to Hawaii

SEA-LIH every single day in Sept for $124. Some days to KOA for same price. From other cities as well. Tried to find a flash sale thread but couldn't.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tatterdema
SEA-LIH every single day in Sept for $124. Some days to KOA for same price. From other cities as well. Tried to find a flash sale thread but couldn't.
Autumn is low season in Hawaii and combined with the recent news about the hurricane and volcano, less people may be thinking about/planning travel to the islands during the off-season--each to those areas not impacted much by either event. With the nudge of lower prices airlines may be hoping to fill some of those empty seats.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Yeah, I have never seen it that low before though. I have seen $149 a few times. Might have to book a mileage run to make MVP for the year after all.
beckoa likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Yeah, I have never seen it that low before though. I have seen $149 a few times. Might have to book a mileage run to make MVP for the year after all.
Southwest should be adding their HI flights to the schedule soon so fares from cities they end up serving will likely be at rock bottom to get some butts in those seats. SEA may not be as impacted but AS will surely have to lower fares from California to maintain their market share.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Quite a few Hawaii sales, and not just from SEA, per this blog:
Super Hot Deal: $247 Round Trip Flights From U.S. Cities To Hawaii... - God Save The Points
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

aa, dl, ha since last night
ua briefly matched early this morning but not anymore
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:48 pm

Yeah mainly due to Hawaii being out of favor by families once school starts back up. Happens every year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.