Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How do Canadians keep their Mileage Plan account active through shopping?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Wondering if there are any fellow Canadians who know of opportunities to keep their MP account active through shopping in Canada WITHOUT using an AS World Elite Mastercard.
TIA
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:38 pm

Groupon usually offers first time shoppers a sign up bonus & miles for purchases. I had a 1k bonus after spending just a dollar on some burger coupon!

Regards the AS shopping portal, I gave up looking a long time ago.

If you just want to keep your miles alive, erewards (surveys) is a good way too.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Genouver
Wondering if there are any fellow Canadians who know of opportunities to keep their MP account active through shopping in Canada WITHOUT using an AS World Elite Mastercard.
TIA
If you by chance use the Chrome browser on a desktop (and maybe FireFox as well?), there is an extension called the Mileage Plan Shopping Button. It will show you retail sites that earning miles when you do google searches or when on the sites themselves. It should work up in Canada? There's a ton of retail websites that work - 800+ according to the extension.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
You could buy miles or depending on your balances, donate miles. (1000 min)

James
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

eRewards

Originally Posted by MAXII
If you just want to keep your miles alive, erewards (surveys) is a good way too.
Hi MAXII, how exactly does the eRewards option work? Never used it before and unclear how it ties back to my MP account.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Genouver
Hi MAXII, how exactly does the eRewards option work? Never used it before and unclear how it ties back to my MP account.
Once you are signed up, you earn erewards by doing surveys. Take a look at the rewards available when signed in to erewards. Once you have enough for a redemption, you then click (IIRC, $25=500 AS Miles) and follow the prompts, one if which is to put in your AS MP #

There's a thread over in the spam board re erewards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.