Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] Fall 2018 New AS Route Announcement

[Speculation] Fall 2018 New AS Route Announcement

Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767
I was thru LAX probably twice a month for the past year-plus; it seemed like one of the four runways was almost always out of service for some reason or other, and it was a rare poin in time that I couldn’t see half a dozen landing lights out to the east and half a dozen departing jets lined up on both the north and south taxiways
Here's the runway repair schedule (link). It's been going on for about 3 years now, with a couple more to go.

When they're not taking off from the south runways and I'm flying out on AS or UA it feels like we're driving all the way back to Pasadena to get to the start of the runway. I could just stay home and they could pick me up just before takeoff. In the evening there's almost always a couple lines of landing lights out to the east - you can see them from all over the basin. By the time they're even with Mt. Wilson they're getting down low enough you can look down at them if you're in the mountains.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Alaska MVP
I wouldn't be surprised to see more intra-California or more ski destinations (JAC especially). With a big FF base in SEA/PDX/SFO winter seasonals on the E75 to JAC, EGE, etc. could be a good play. United certainly makes a killing on these routes.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Does AA serve PSC? They seem to be the ones with xxx-LAX for the smaller airports in Oregon.

I'd just be happy with no further cutbacks in my little corner of the AS world. For speculation, how about CLE or CVG? OH/KY seems to be one of the larger holes in the network right now.
I don’t believe so, at least I don’t remember seeing AA or American Eagle or anything from PSC. We’ve got Alaska (Horizon), Delta (Delta proper I think, but maybe just SkyWest), United Connection I think, Agilent seasonal to LAX (but only like 2x/week service).

I think our airport or development board did some research and found a lot of our passengers were ultimately going to LAX area and forced connections via SFO (United) or SEA (Alaska and Delta). I honestly think either AS or Delta could pack an E175 or something 1x a day and maybe even 2x a day.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by acarney
I think our airport or development board did some research and found a lot of our passengers were ultimately going to LAX area and forced connections via SFO (United) or SEA (Alaska and Delta). I honestly think either AS or Delta could pack an E175 or something 1x a day and maybe even 2x a day.
Spokane only supports 1xE75 to LAX with 4x as many enplanements as PSC.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
SEA-YYZ would be nice
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Does AA serve PSC? They seem to be the ones with xxx-LAX for the smaller airports in Oregon.

I'd just be happy with no further cutbacks in my little corner of the AS world. For speculation, how about CLE or CVG? OH/KY seems to be one of the larger holes in the network right now.
DL is now running SEA-CVG year round, but it's a red-eye. Would love a daytime CVG flight that is 10AM-5PM/6PM-9PM like the IND schedule.
bbinchi likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
DL is now running SEA-CVG year round, but it's a red-eye. Would love a daytime CVG flight that is 10AM-5PM/6PM-9PM like the IND schedule.
not on their schedule for the winter - comes back again in spring.
DrAlex likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
not on their schedule for the winter - comes back again in spring.
You're right! Seems the switch to year-round was short-lived: https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...g-to-this.html

E: Or, at least according to Google Flights, the frequency just drops?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
You're right! Seems the switch to year-round was short-lived: https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...g-to-this.html

E: Or, at least according to Google Flights, the frequency just drops?
It's not showing on the Delta website for several months at all - so I think it just disappears seasonally.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I vote for either PDX or SEA to MRY. I am tried of flying to San Jose and driving. :-)
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by SOCguy
SNA-ABQ will be discontinued effective January 7.
Do you think they will continue shrinking their presence out of ABQ? They came to ABQ about four years ago and for a while it seemed like they were having much success in their routes as they kept adding flights years after starting, but now they seem to be retreating. I kept hoping for a flight east out of ABQ... oh well.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Juanefny
I kept hoping for a flight east out of ABQ... oh well.
That was never going to happen even before they announced the upcoming cancellations.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
Agree with those who have said Ohio is a big gap. Would love to see SEA-CMH, for example.
MagicCarpetRider likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by jinglish
That was never going to happen even before they announced the upcoming cancellations.
Even if they end up with some sort of hub out east?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Juanefny

Even if they end up with some sort of hub out east?
How soon do you think that is going to happen?
kevincrumbs likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.