Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Safety issue - no compliance check, nothing picked up prior to landing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Safety issue - no compliance check, nothing picked up prior to landing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Yes, if a mechanical issue; however, it’s also likely it was a failure by the FA to secure the cart properly for landing give the other oversights.
Even if it was an oversight (which I agree is likely), the crash could have resulted in something needing fixing.

In aviation it's more important to catch all the problems, make sure they get fixed, and identify ways to keep them from happening again than it is to assign blame and punish people even if they did something stupid.
ctporter likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
I was on a UA flight SFO-TPE where one of the carts was taken out as we ascending from take off. We heard a crash and a blood curdling scream. It fell on an FA's leg and dislocated her knee cap. There was talk of turning around if they couldn't get the bleeding to stop. Those buggers are heavy!
As I recall, full of drinks, a cart weights about 230.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.