Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair (AY) Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
No it's true.

HU & CX are 30K (CX 35K for Premium Economy)
AY is 32.5K
JL is 40K
EK is 52.5K
behold, it is 50k, not 32.5k. I wish the far way around can be this cheap...
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by beyounged
behold, it is 50k, not 32.5k. I wish the far way around can be this cheap...
Looks like the chart is wrong then? I was thinking that perhaps the 50K pricing was a result of the multicity, but I was able to find JFK-PVG on 1/23 and it's still the same.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by eagle17
agree 100% love the hong kong lounges when flying J or F to Asia
Flying via SIN Terminal 4, CX has a nice new lounge for it's 5-7 daily flights back to HKG.
With Terminal 4 being geo-graphically separated from Term 1-3, no other Oneworld-ers can conveniently use the lounge.
Add to that the schedule is nicely spaced out, this makes for a very quiet, less crowded time at the noodle bar and the walk-up buffet.
No showers, but you're heading to HKG, where you'll have more than enough to choose from (just give yourself enough connection time!)
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel

Looks like the chart is wrong then? I was thinking that perhaps the 50K pricing was a result of the multicity, but I was able to find JFK-PVG on 1/23 and it's still the same.
yeah, it seems to be wrong, and that (sadly) make sense. EK is also the other way around the globe for Asia to North America and it is 52.5k, so for AY it should be around that ball park.
Also, AS does not increase the price for simple 2-leg multicity because they allow free stopovers.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by ralph4878
BKK is a great city to visit...living here is not easy...I thought traffic in LA and DC was bad. But that's part of the fun in being an expat! I used to be a *A guy when United and Continental merged but, over time, with all the East Coast-West Coast flying I did, jumped on the AS Bandwagon. If I head back to the States, I think it is likely I'll stay with them!
We Uber'd a few times during on BKK trip and most of the time it was bumper-to-bumper traffic. It was crazy, but just like our time in Hanoi, it was all part of the city's charm.
We did find the metro to be nice though not too extensive. We stayed at the Athenee hotel which was quick walk to the BTS.

When I lived in Guam, I was a Continental guy and stayed with United after the merge. Plus work a few years later kept me going back and forth between DC and the Middle, so that direct UA flight to KUW and DXB was great.
When I was an expat in Dubai that's when I started trying other airlines like Emirates, Qatar, LH, and a few more to get me to and from the US and Europe.
Alaska came into the picture when everything went revenue based and Alaska was the last man standing. I've been enjoying them when back in the states and, as mentioned, their partners.
I've done up and down the west coast with them, and in Jan I'll have my first transcontinental flight from JFK to PDX. I look forward to trying out their new JFK lounge too. I've heard great things about the pancake machine! haha!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Perhaps I am lucky, but I was able to find RT tickets in J to Europe in the spring for my wife and I (on the dates I wanted too!). It was a heck of a lot easier for me to find than with AA and a refreshing alternative to BA's surcharge. Will have to see if the product is worth the incremental time connecting through HEL/LAX versus straight to FRA on Condor.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:41 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Any idea whether AY releases more seats T-3 days?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by osotoc
We Uber'd a few times during on BKK trip and most of the time it was bumper-to-bumper traffic. It was crazy, but just like our time in Hanoi, it was all part of the city's charm.
We did find the metro to be nice though not too extensive. We stayed at the Athenee hotel which was quick walk to the BTS.

When I lived in Guam, I was a Continental guy and stayed with United after the merge. Plus work a few years later kept me going back and forth between DC and the Middle, so that direct UA flight to KUW and DXB was great.
When I was an expat in Dubai that's when I started trying other airlines like Emirates, Qatar, LH, and a few more to get me to and from the US and Europe.
Alaska came into the picture when everything went revenue based and Alaska was the last man standing. I've been enjoying them when back in the states and, as mentioned, their partners.
I've done up and down the west coast with them, and in Jan I'll have my first transcontinental flight from JFK to PDX. I look forward to trying out their new JFK lounge too. I've heard great things about the pancake machine! haha!
How was your transcon, osotoc?
I flew AS often between DC and LA and really enjoyed them...always managed to get the same fun, kind crew, too, which made the experience better.
I may be moving back to North America in 8 or 9 months...sadly, won't be a city AS serves .
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by ralph4878
How was your transcon, osotoc?
I flew AS often between DC and LA and really enjoyed them...always managed to get the same fun, kind crew, too, which made the experience better.
I may be moving back to North America in 8 or 9 months...sadly, won't be a city AS serves .
Hi! My transcon is in Jan 2019! I'm very excited to try JFK-PDX; although, it was moved up from 1030 to 0720, which means an earlier arrival at JFK. :-(
I did fly AS F from DFW-SEA last month. It was a nice flight. I liked the entertainment tablets. Yeah, I had my iPhone with me, but I was happy to use their equipment.

I'm likely moving back to the US by the end of 2019 too. Not sure where, but hopefully it's an AS-served city. We shall see.
Until then, I have a CX flight next month, and then a few other AS partner flights the rest of 2019. Always be earning! haha.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:01 am

Hi,
I am looking for 2 award seats on Finnair from SEast Asia to Helsinki for April / May next year. I have looking on Alaska, BA and other OW carriers but most I can find is 1 seat from NRT in April or from ICN (bit far off). Any suggestions?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Try DEL, or CX to Europe, and/or positioning flights with miles or cash, and/or using a different program (AS gives you limited options compared to carriers in alliances for Asia-Europe, you almost certainly would do better with Star Alliance, Oneworld or even SkyTeam). That or accept there is no magic trick to make award seats appear out of thin air. AY doesn’t serve a lot of cities in SE Asia: BKK, SIN and HKG. Not surprising 2J is slim pickings.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:27 pm

Thanks! Yes, not many options available. I was hopping to find space on a route served by the A350 nonstop to Helsinki but it might be asking too much. Just one more question, Expert Flyer only shows economy award space for Finnair, no?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Thanks! Yes, not many options available. I was hopping to find space on a route served by the A350 nonstop to Helsinki but it might be asking too much. Just one more question, Expert Flyer only shows economy award space for Finnair, no?
No, EF appears to show Business Awards (U class), but finding availability from SE Asia will be the hard part.

EDIT: SEA to SE Asia
eponymous_coward likes this.

Last edited by minz56; Nov 7, 2018 at 5:16 pm
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:52 am

Ok, thanks. Will keep looking!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by richh1833
Any idea whether AY releases more seats T-3 days?
That sounds like a great time for ExpertFlyer award alerts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.