Predeparture Drinks in First Class?

Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
Several people didn't seem to appreciate my perspective. I have only ever had PDB on a coach entry bird so my experience in this area is limited. I can't see an effective way to do seat by seat request and service while sharing the aisle with boarding passengers. I am sure it can be done but I probably wouldn't enjoy it if I were an FA. That said, I definitely would like it as a passenger at times.
My Mint FA last week seemed to have no trouble at all serving PDBs to a mostly-full, sixteen-seat cabin while Y passengers were boarding.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jinglish
My Mint FA last week seemed to have no trouble at all serving PDBs to a mostly-full, sixteen-seat cabin while Y passengers were boarding.
Exactly--while also showing each passenger all the features of the seat, entertainment system, and how to use the do not disturb light.
jinglish likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Exactly--while also showing each passenger all the features of the seat, entertainment system, and how to use the do not disturb light.
And the PDB cocktail (the "refreshmint") they offer is fantastic, and they'll customize it to your liking if you prefer it a bit drier or more spirit forward.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
James supports the abolition of PDBs.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:35 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
PDB today was bottle of water served with a wonderful smile!

FWiW UA get juice offering but often w/o smile.

Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by VX N281VA
A complementary upgrade to first is meaningless if the cabin is garbage. I'd rather pay a small upgrade fee to move from Main Cabin Select (now Premium) to a stellar F product than get a comp upgrade to a garbage F product.
Most long term AS elites simply view the AS F cabin as a "Wide Front Seat". We have learned to enjoy whatever is offered up front and delight in complaining endlessly about the experience.
AS Flyer and missamo80 like this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
Most long term AS elites simply view the AS F cabin as a "Wide Front Seat". We have learned to enjoy whatever is offered up front and delight in complaining endlessly about the experience.
Sounds so much more elegant than my term, i.e., "Fa Tass Seating"
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AS737
I can assure you that this is not an AS policy. Before 10am it's coffee/OJ. Nothing after 10am unless Hawaii though. To Hawaii it's POG/POG mimosas. Flight attendants can't do any other alcohol on the ground
Water only on a 5:50a departure that started boarding at 5:10a. FA said no coffee as policy when I asked. Airbus.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by chipmaster
PDB today was bottle of water served with a wonderful smile!

FWiW UA get juice offering but often w/o smile.

Is the juice PMCO or PMUA? Yes... I mean from that Era
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mbluecpa

Water only on a 5:50a departure that started boarding at 5:10a. FA said no coffee as policy when I asked. Airbus.
I'll be thinking of all of you (maybe not all) when I have my midnightish PDB on DL which will help me with necessary relaxtime so that after one more in the sky, along with what will likely be the most gormay of all gormay snackbaskets, I'll be ready for my hal fassed rest. In fact, PDBs on midcon redeyes are a medical necessity if one wants to rest but not stumble around the arrival airport at the hour of dawn's crack looking for the next gate.
AS Flyer and tusphotog like this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
In fact, PDBs on midcon redeyes are a medical necessity if one wants to rest but not stumble around the arrival airport at the hour of dawn's crack looking for the next gate.
Not a redeye, but my last trip to STL, the FA was chatting with a pax, ignoring the rest of the cabin for a while. By the time she came back with my G&T, we were beginning decent. Oh, and by way of apologizing for the delay, she made it a double. I'm pretty sure I looked like a drunken stumbler coming off the jetbridge.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I'll be thinking of all of you (maybe not all) when I have my midnightish PDB on DL which will help me with necessary relaxtime so that after one more in the sky, along with what will likely be the most gormay of all gormay snackbaskets, I'll be ready for my hal fassed rest. In fact, PDBs on midcon redeyes are a medical necessity if one wants to rest but not stumble around the arrival airport at the hour of dawn's crack looking for the next gate.
I swore off midcon red eyes a while back (my last was SEA-IAH on CO) but recall that Rx well!

Fortunately my return tomorrow is on DL...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by mbluecpa

Airbus and Boeing crews are aligned on all inflight policies now, and PDBs are still part of the expected service in first on flights before 11am.
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Airbus and Boeing crews are aligned on all inflight policies now, and PDBs are still part of the expected service in first on flights before 11am.
For AS N281VS and others, it is not a PDB unless it contains alcohol!

James
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:18 am

Thanks for re-confirming. Service was generally weak on this flight, so Im chalking it up to that. I let Alaska Listens know.
AS Flyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.