Search

Did the free Biscoffs in coach go away?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Did the free Biscoffs in coach go away?

Flew twice this week in coach (PDX-SFO and SFO-PDX) and although a full beverage service was offered, the Biscoffs were nowhere to be seen....did those go away recently? in the past few months? If so, I figured they would have been replaced by some other type of free snack which is now being offered by much of the competition (WN, DL, UA, AA, etc.). I find it interesting that DL really upped their game awhile back by actually offering a CHOICE of free snacks although most of the competition, including AS, seemed to stick with one (or in this case zero) choice.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Flew two short QX flights last week and they were served on both flights.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
My last two QX and AS flights this week both got cookies. But no chocolate
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sturges
That's the funny thing...I almost never see the chocolate anymore, but they showed up on my SFO-PDX flight yesterday. Glad to hear the Biscoffs didn't go away. When flying in Premium class, I think it's interesting in a sad sorta way that you don't get the Biscoffs AND your "premium" snack (trail mix or fig bar)....it's just the "premium snack".
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Cookiegate. It's hit or miss. I believe official policy is you're supposed to ask now, but I got them without asking on SFO-SEA last week.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ty-is-at-risk/
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Cookiegate. It's hit or miss. I believe official policy is you're supposed to ask now, but I got them without asking on SFO-SEA last week.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ty-is-at-risk/
Interesting....do you mean you have to ask in premium class or in-general throughout coach?

EDIT: I just read the cookie part of the article...you're right, you have to ask for the cookies now....that explains why I didn't see anyone get cookies. It makes me wonder how many people actually know to ask?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
we had a choice of Chocobark pretzels or some cheddar crackers in Premium a few days ago on ANC-JNU. The FA said fig bars are only in the morning.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
We flew QX YLW-SEA on Monday. Usual service of water, juice, beer or wine. Biscoff and 75K chocolate bar without requesting. SEA-OGG was in F. Wonderful attentive service.

James
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Interesting....do you mean you have to ask in premium class or in-general throughout coach?

EDIT: I just read the cookie part of the article...you're right, you have to ask for the cookies now....that explains why I didn't see anyone get cookies. It makes me wonder how many people actually know to ask?
If I had to guess, I'd say certainly less than 10% and quite realistically, probably less than 3% to 5%.

Few enough to get them towards saving that $3mil on cookies?

To continue the conjecture, I fly a pretty even mix of pmAS and pmVX to SEA and it seems to me that the pmAS FAs distribute them much more often than pmVX. Old habits die hard, perhaps?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If I had to guess, I'd say certainly less than 10% and quite realistically, probably less than 3% to 5%.

Few enough to get them towards saving that $3mil on cookies?

To continue the conjecture, I fly a pretty even mix of pmAS and pmVX to SEA and it seems to me that the pmAS FAs distribute them much more often than pmVX. Old habits die hard, perhaps?
I'd say it's about the same % as the number of people who have never operated a seat belt before
NoLaGent and ORDPSC like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
That's the funny thing...I almost never see the chocolate anymore, but they showed up on my SFO-PDX flight yesterday. Glad to hear the Biscoffs didn't go away. When flying in Premium class, I think it's interesting in a sad sorta way that you don't get the Biscoffs AND your "premium" snack (trail mix or fig bar)....it's just the "premium snack".
If you fly on the Airbus aircraft, I think they only get 6 chocolate bars for the entire aircraft, regardless of how many Golds/75Ks there are. Boeing aircraft get 18 I believe. QX/OO aircraft do not get any AFAIK. To the FA workgroup, there was also a lot of flip flopping on the policy of offering the chocolate bars to premium, if that's where you normally sit, so that could explain why it just showed up recently. And you can get both the premium snack and biscoff! You just have to ask for the biscoff in addition to your snack.

In economy, the official policy is that the FA is supposed to ask, not the passenger. First only gets them before 10am, and the passenger is supposed to ask in that situation (because there's usually several parts to the FC breakfast)

Originally Posted by sturges
QX I don't believe gets chocolates (?), but depending on the route, it could have also been very gold-heavy and they honestly may have run out by the time they got to you. They only get 18 bars per flight for Boeing, and I believe 6 for Airbus
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by AS737
If you fly on the Airbus aircraft, I think they only get 6 chocolate bars for the entire aircraft, regardless of how many Golds/75Ks there are. Boeing aircraft get 18 I believe. QX/OO aircraft do not get any AFAIK. To the FA workgroup, there was also a lot of flip flopping on the policy of offering the chocolate bars to premium, if that's where you normally sit, so that could explain why it just showed up recently. And you can get both the premium snack and biscoff! You just have to ask for the biscoff in addition to your snack.

In economy, the official policy is that the FA is supposed to ask, not the passenger. First only gets them before 10am, and the passenger is supposed to ask in that situation (because there's usually several parts to the FC breakfast)

QX I don't believe gets chocolates (?), but depending on the route, it could have also been very gold-heavy and they honestly may have run out by the time they got to you. They only get 18 bars per flight for Boeing, and I believe 6 for Airbus
QX definitely has them, received on PDX-MSO and GTF-SEA in the past. Can't speak to OO as I've only flown them under the UA and DL flags.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:25 pm

QX definitely has them, received on PDX-MSO and GTF-SEA in the past. Can't speak to OO as I've only flown them under the UA and DL flags.
Thanks for the correction! I don't fly them often, so I couldn't remember
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
For QX, I had one SEA-YYC earlier this year and I've seen them since as FAs were rearranging their snacks & drinks cabinets.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:30 pm

Here's what's happening. As they continue to integrate the Airbus and Boeing onboard product, there are some differences when you fly on a former VX plane and an AS plane. By October 1, the product across Airbus and Boeing should be identical. Same Food, same beverage offerings and beverage snacks, same serve ware. My guess is, those of you that have not received Biscoff were on Airbus airplanes. If not, you should have - and should not have to ask for them. If you didn't get the cookies, it's possible they were not boarded by catering. If you're seated in the Premium Economy section and would like a Biscoff cookie, you need only ask. You're offered a different snack but will be given a Biscoff if you ask and they're available. Hopefully that clarifies. What I can not clarify is why it takes until October 1 to make the product seamless - but I know they're working very hard on this.
PDXPremier, ashill and 95037 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.