Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Why Does Anyone Fly Alaska? (Including Rants)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Does Anyone Fly Alaska? (Including Rants)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Truth be told, I rarely ever read Beyond. I imagine it's a nice magazine as airline magazines go, but I've almost always got my copy of The Week to get through, not to mention the newspaper, my book of the week and occasionally an old R. Crumb comic. The main attraction of Beyond for me is the crossword puzzle.

[...]
I do look at the Beyond Magazine, but start at the back to look at the network routes, fleet size, aircraft configurations and such. Then I connect to wifi and spend time looking at fares for routes of interest where I can optimize my companion certificates all for free.

Okay, nothing is truly free, so we will say access to the AS website is included for everyone for the duration of the flight no matter what fare you purchase or where you sit. Where wifi is available of course.

James
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel

I thought all of the exit row seats were all the same short seat pans, with window difference being non movable head flaps?

They are noticeably less padded.
I honestly never noticed this. It's probably why I prefer the exit row -- less padding = more room, and I have just the right amount of natural padding to be able to sit comfortably.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I honestly never noticed this. It's probably why I prefer the exit row -- less padding = more room, and I have just the right amount of natural padding to be able to sit comfortably.
If you look at the side profile of the seat, it’s noticable compared to Row 15/18. Also sits slightly lower I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.