Wiki Posts
Search

PreCheck Availability for AS at JFK T7

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, DL Diamond, former UA Plat, former AA Plat
PreCheck Availability for AS at JFK T7

Flying out of JFK in a few days. Haven't flown out of JFK on AS since the move from T8 to T7. Not looking forward to what I hear is a sub-par experience. I recall that PreCheck isn't available at JFK T7, wonder if they have a 75K priority line?

This page suggests no priority screening line at JFK T7.

This page can't make up its mind about PreCheck at JFK T7.

Top of the page is pretty clear there is no PreCheck:

Bottom of page is more optimistic:

Looking closer at the second screen snippet, they had the time to put a green check mark in front of "Alaska lounge" (which just opened) but they don't have the time to update the PreCheck to a "no" symbol.

C'mon Alaska. I've given up on "North of Expected". How about we meet at just "Expected"?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:47 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
I’m not 100% sure, but I think the check mark may be intended to reflect that PreCheck exists at the airport (e.g. for people traveling on or connecting to other airlines), while the note at the top makes it clear that it’s not available in T7.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. You could always call AS and ask.
2. It seems as though the special warning is quite clear. You need to plan on extra time. Don't forget that the standard TSA practice is to use Pre-Check "Light" in these circumstances. That won't shorten your line wait, but it does typically mean no shoes off and you walk through the mag.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
I'd actually send a tweet - they announced several weeks ago that Pre should be open by the end of this month...

Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
I've noticed that these pages are pretty inaccurate, at least when it comes to Pre--it says it's not available at ONT, for example.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
I got "Precheck" the last time I flew out. Same line, but by showing my TSA Pre boarding pass to the agent at the Xray machine I got to keep my shoes/belt on.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Sounds the same as "Precheck Lite" available at FAI.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: AS 75k, B6 Mosaic
It’s open! The rightmost lane is now officially a PreCheck lane - or at least finally was when I went through this morning.

There was just one set of equipment configured behind the lane, so I’d still recommend eyeballing your options if this line is long. Been stranded in it before when overloaded as the crew line & cant tell if that continues.
flymonthly and safari ari like this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
I went through around 7:30am on 8/6, and while there was no signage indicating Pre-Check, the vendor at the entrance to the security line directed us to the right lane (labeled "Airline Employee" lane). Security was standard Pre-Check, though -- keep everything in bags, shoes on, etc. Took us less than 5 minutes to get through.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by seadan
I went through around 7:30am on 8/6, and while there was no signage indicating Pre-Check, the vendor at the entrance to the security line directed us to the right lane (labeled "Airline Employee" lane). Security was standard Pre-Check, though -- keep everything in bags, shoes on, etc. Took us less than 5 minutes to get through.
We came through about 90 minutes after you and it was exactly the same. It's great that PreCheck is open now even without the signage.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:06 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Checking in on the latest on this... what's the current PreCheck JFK situation? Any recent experiences? Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Checking in on the latest on this... what's the current PreCheck JFK situation? Any recent experiences? Thanks!
No TSA Precheck. No priority lane for elite/premium cabins available to Alaska flyers. Expect a 15-30 minute wait in the AM and a 25-60 minute wait in the afternoon/evening. Security is still super disorganized here so be warned.

If you have TSA Precheck, you can keep your shoes on but you will want to get a paper boarding pass as they don't hand out the cards.

Also note the terminal is still sorely lacking in concessions, especially in the AM, so have that AS Lounge membership handy.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jinglish
I've noticed that these pages are pretty inaccurate, at least when it comes to Pre--it says it's not available at ONT, for example.
They're not great about correcting them, even when they've been pointed out as being inaccurate, either. I've sent in 3-4 tweets (w/ thank you's and promises to pass on to the web team to fix it) about DCA inaccurately showing no Pre-Check or CLEAR when it has both, and has for years. It's been 6 weeks since my last submission, but still showing the inaccurate info.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:16 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Originally Posted by bkojote
No TSA Precheck. No priority lane for elite/premium cabins available to Alaska flyers. Expect a 15-30 minute wait in the AM and a 25-60 minute wait in the afternoon/evening. Security is still super disorganized here so be warned.
If you have TSA Precheck, you can keep your shoes on but you will want to get a paper boarding pass as they don't hand out the cards.
Thanks. Additional annoyance: the Twitter team just assured me that there IS Precheck. Sounds like they need to get their act in gear on multiple fronts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.