Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

We’re upgrading your Lounge experience Email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Received the following email message from Alaska:

More room to Lounge. Starting September 1, our Seattle Lounges will no longer be accessible to Priority Pass™ members. Plus, we have reduced access for Priority Pass™ members in our other Lounges.

Keeping it fresh. Our new signature scent, Ocean Citron, is here from Seattle's own Antica Farmacista. You'll see (and smell) it in our new soaps, lotions, and more.

San Diego is a go. Between surfing and boarding, chill at our latest partner location: Airspace Lounge at San Diego International Airport (SAN).
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Wow, a new smell. Color me impressed!

I have connected at SAN just once, and the Airspace Lounge is already accessible to people with an AMEX Plat. The relatively small size of SAN also means I'm really not spending too much time at that airport. The SEA Priority Pass changes have also been discussed ad nauseum.

It's going to take a lot more than a new smell to make me think that AS cares about their lounge product.
be_rettSEA and pcoll like this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Now for act two, could we have a lounge in SAN that was actually accessible to people flying AS? Having a lounge in another terminal that you can not access post security is not much of a bonus.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Now for act two, could we have a lounge in SAN that was actually accessible to people flying AS? Having a lounge in another terminal that you can not access post security is not much of a bonus.
Maybe they can pump the new scent into the AS terminal--almost as good
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Wait, wasn't the SAN Airspace lounge already accessible as it was handled as an Admirals Club? I used it 4-5 times when I was an AL member a few years ago (back when Admirals Club was first added to replace SkyClub). It's also in the wrong terminal, so it isn't much help unless you get stuck at the airport on a long layover.
tusphotog likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I was hoping they may open a lounge at their SFO hub. Now that would impress me.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Meanwhile, PDX continues to be an overcrowded mess, with no prospect of an expansion anytime soon.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
Originally Posted by sturges
Wait, wasn't the SAN Airspace lounge already accessible as it was handled as an Admirals Club? I used it 4-5 times when I was an AL member a few years ago (back when Admirals Club was first added to replace SkyClub). It's also in the wrong terminal, so it isn't much help unless you get stuck at the airport on a long layover.
The Airspace lounge was removed from the list some time ago. I believe it was previously accessible as an AA partner lounge but is now accessible via direct partnership with Airspace.

Regarding terminal location, Alaska is moving to T2-E in 2019, where the Airspace lounge is located, so it will soon be a full-fledge lounge option for all flights departing SAN (arrivals access is excluded).
PABE likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by davistev
I was hoping they may open a lounge at their SFO hub. Now that would impress me.
I'm looking forward to the email in several years announcing that as well!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by mczlaw
Meanwhile, PDX continues to be an overcrowded mess, with no prospect of an expansion anytime soon.
I assumed Alaska would build a new lounge when they move over to the current E Gates (currently United Gates) after the expansion is complete?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by obnoxoid
Wow, a new smell. Color me impressed!
Come on man, I mean it's Ocean freakin' Citron! What more are you looking for?

Regards
obnoxoid and jsguyrus like this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by rowsign

I assumed Alaska would build a new lounge when they move over to the current E Gates (currently United Gates) after the expansion is complete?
AS is staying put in B and C. The expansion of the E terminal is for WN.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
PP's website has recently started claiming that SAN is on the network (no lounges listed yet), so perhaps there'll be a restaurant in T1? Assuming it isn't a mistake on their end.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:26 pm

Urgh - still no SFO T2 club, since this "update" in Dec 2017...

"We’re working with the San Francisco Airport to identify a lounge space in Terminal 2, which will provide you an Alaska Lounge experience at SFO. More news to come on this exciting new lounge, and on further improvements to the portfolio."
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Maybe in SEA they can dump the new scent on the carpets so the stink from 15 years ago is covered. I know they like the speakeasy concept of handing glasses of cheap wine through a window, but the realism of the stench isn't necessary.

Has to be the dingiest lounge system of a major carrier.
jjmadison likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.