Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Airbus Seat Renumbering on FLL-SEA in November, 2018

Airbus Seat Renumbering on FLL-SEA in November, 2018

Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:57 pm

Going back to the renumbering issue I would suggest that anyone with a November and beyond reservation on an Airbus aircraft to check their seats because they've changed. If you think you are in one of the exit rows, that may no longer be the case. I had to go back on multiple reservations to change my seat back to the exit row (former row 10 is now 17). I guess it helped me with one reservation where I couldn't get the aisle in (former) row 10 when I booked and now I do, but I suspect the individual who had that seat is not going to be to happy when they find out.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by halamadrid
Going back to the renumbering issue I would suggest that anyone with a November and beyond reservation on an Airbus aircraft to check their seats because they've changed. If you think you are in one of the exit rows, that may no longer be the case. I had to go back on multiple reservations to change my seat back to the exit row (former row 10 is now 17). I guess it helped me with one reservation where I couldn't get the aisle in (former) row 10 when I booked and now I do, but I suspect the individual who had that seat is not going to be to happy when they find out.
I was thinking the same thing earlier - this is bound to be a huge problem from the Fall going forward, especially with row 3 vs. 6, in addition to exit rows as you've already discovered.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I was thinking the same thing earlier - this is bound to be a huge problem from the Fall going forward, especially with row 3 vs. 6, in addition to exit rows as you've already discovered.
A bit off topic, but you also have to add that they are doing maintenance on their Airbus aircraft around the same time so some flights have been cancelled altogether (e.g. no evening SFO-PDX flights at all on Tuesdays in November :/ ).
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:03 am

You are lucky you were able to keep a bulkhead aisle.

I just noticed we were booted out of row 3 aisle-window on one of tomorrows Airbus EWR-LAX flight and into a middle-window in row 9. There is no row 3 now. Bulkhead is row 6.

Reservations were able to move me into exit row aisle, but my wife remains in a now-crappy window seat.

The problem with the airbus is that until they retrofit the interior, only the bulkhead seats offer more legroom.

The algorithm for automatic seat reassignment is not very good and there's, of course, no notification that it happened.

-David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.