Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO bus gates?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
SFO bus gates?

Hello all, I was on AS 567 SFO-PDX yesterday and it was kind of confusing. The app never indicated which gate and the monitors kept showing gate 52. There was an audio announcement of gate 59B, but there are no screens there to reassure you you are waiting in the right spot. Eventually we are sent to the downstairs hold room, and then BPs are checked before boarding a bus, which sent us to a hard stand in the corner next to the international A terminal. All this ended up making the flight about 25 minutes late. I suppose it's easier than having some flights be out of A, but a really odd experience and slowed things down a lot. Just something to be aware of for your SFO flights moving forward.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I am on the PDX-OAK or PDX-SFO flights weekly. I have gone through this exactly. However the issue is actually SFO airport and AS. The airport has gates A1-A15 or something in the International Terminal, the Gates 50-60 are in Terminal 2. AS assumes we know this or it is signposted well, it certainly is not.

I have indicated to AS on the Alaska Cares part of the website but so far nothing.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
I've had this happen on arrival, but not departure...yet. Still better than being diverted to SJC, but definitely not the most convenient.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I've had this happen on arrival, but not departure...yet. Still better than being diverted to SJC, but definitely not the most convenient.
The other alternative is AS just outright canceling flights the night before and, of course, not sending emails or any other communications. What a cluster it was trying to rebook a whole 739 full of people on to other heavily booked flights. I had a 7am flight from SEA-SFO and AS rebooked me on a later afternoon flight connecting in LAS! I had an afternoon meeting to attend and they magically found another am seat for me. What a total cluster!

I would have gladly had the flight arrive at a bus gate, rather than having it canceled the night before.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
This is not going to get better anytime soon. The airport is low on gates, exacerbated by the T1 construction, which has temporarily destroyed a lot of the old gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.