Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre not showing on the 'new' BP

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
TSA Pre not showing on the 'new' BP

Got an email from AS for tomorrow's flight highlighting a few changes.. one of them is a new BP design.. however, my TSA Pre is not printed on the BP anymore, although it shows clearly on the computer screen.. Is it embedded into the barcode now? If so, how would the person verifying your Pre at the lane entrance knows you are qualified or not??
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Did you try printing the BP using a different browser?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
I am also flying tomorrow and my boarding pass that exported to Apple wallet DOES NOT show TSAPre. It still does IN THE APP though, so I would recommend using that option for now.

Any AS employees listening to this one!? @missydarlin?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check if you need to click a "scale to fit page" box. I was having the print at home bag checks not fit until I realized I needed to scale them. The TSAPre could be getting cut off.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by DrAlex
I am also flying tomorrow and my boarding pass that exported to Apple wallet DOES NOT show TSAPre. It still does IN THE APP though, so I would recommend using that option for now.

Any AS employees listening to this one!? @missydarlin?
Hmm, just noticed the same thing on my flight tomorrow. The Apple Wallet also doesn’t show the last digits of my MP number or my status (the in-app one at least shows my status).

Last edited by milypan; Jul 20, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milypan
The Apple Waller also doesn’t show the last digits of my MP number or my status (the in-app one at least shows my status).
Have they updated the app recently? I don't recall the apple wallet BP ever showing my MP number on the BP. It did show my status and precheck very small just above the bar code when I flew a couple weeks ago. I guess I'll find out later this week...
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by chrisl137
Have they updated the app recently? I don't recall the apple wallet BP ever showing my MP number on the BP. It did show my status and precheck very small just above the bar code when I flew a couple weeks ago. I guess I'll find out later this week...
In the "old" wallet pass (from a flight last Monday - 7/16) my MP# shows only the last two digits of my MP# , it look like this: AS***30. It is above the bar code on the right, opposite the Passenger Name on the iOS wallet BP
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by chrisl137
It definitely used to show it, because there’s now an empty MP# field on the boarding pass.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:55 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Perhaps someone can DM (with BP image) the AS Twitter team.
be_rettSEA and PV_Premier like this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
This is an annoying bug that they will hopefully fix ASAP (and yes, would also recommend sending screenshots to Twitter team to let them know this is an issue), but a stop at an AS kiosk at the airport to print a boarding pass (hopefully those don't have TSA Pre removed too) takes all of 1 minute as a short-term solution, which you'd easily get back in time saved from the standard screening procedures.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I just checked my flight for tomorrow on my Android Alaska app, and TSA Pre is right there... *shrugs*

did you edit your KTN, or did your PreCheck/Global Entry status expire?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:55 pm

No issue with KTN - as I said, it’s TSAPre in the app. But the export to Apple Wallet doesn’t transfer properly. Sounds like this might be true on the web check-in as well.

I spoke with the check-in agents today at SFO and they stated it’s a known issue (and they are working on it).
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:11 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
The issue was fixed last night.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
The issue was fixed last night.
Thank you. I did not try the re-check-in trick today. Perhaps that might have worked if it was addressed last night.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ctporter
my MP# shows only the last two digits of my MP# , it look like this: AS***30.
Turns out I have a bp from a couple weeks ago and it does show the mp number as you describe. I guess I never really paid attention to that part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.