Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
honestly I wish PP would add a few restaurants to the SEA lineup a la Capers in PDX, but oh wait, everything in SEA is under construction anyways so there is probably nothing to add maybe in the future...
This would make PP so much more valuable. They've been adding restaurant partnerships here and there so hopefully, construction or not, that trend gets to SEA soon.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Disappointing but foreseeable. Decision dissuades me from getting the SPG Luxury Card that comes with PP. Still planning on retaining CSR another year and incurring af, unless, for whatever reason, The Clubs are also pulled.
i view PP as a minor credit card benefit. The not-luxury $95 SPG/Marriott and the $95 Hilton card from Amex both get you a limited number of pp admissions, which are plenty for me.

if one has a Delta-affiliated Amex, it gets you a Delta Skyclub admission at a cost of $29.

CSR gets unlimited pp admissions. Wife is keeping that card, but again pp is minor consideration in her “keep or drop” decision.

In Seattle, either one of the two Delta Skyclubs is much better than either Alaska Club. I’ve been in all four at various times. I can’t image paying much of anything out-of-pocket for an Alaska lounge visit in SEA.

Last edited by Bowgie; Sep 24, 2018 at 5:17 am
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Lounge did look full and chaotic when I took a quick look.
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I can’t image paying much of anything out-of-pocket for an Alaska lounge visit in SEA.
With the Alaska lounges, there's just not that much there in there. This is a case where the prize doesn't warrant all this fretting about not getting it.
EkekoBWI and scfw0x0f like this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
The Club in A now opens at 5am, making it a bit more useful.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Good to know! But I board at 5:40a, sometimes in N :P
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
My usual route has been going into PDX and flying home from SEA but on my last trip I flew into Sea and flew back from PDX. I got into the AS lounge w/o a problem in PDX but I did noticed many of the PP folks getting denied access about 45 minutes later around 12:30 onward. What annoyed me was the place was barely half full and another PP guest got irratated when he was denied and pointed out that they're half full so WTH.

It's still nicer than SEA where you can use your PP for restaurants and what not so you can still take an advantage of PP.

I got PP through CSR and really, it was a driving factor to get it.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
My usual route has been going into PDX and flying home from SEA but on my last trip I flew into Sea and flew back from PDX. I got into the AS lounge w/o a problem in PDX but I did noticed many of the PP folks getting denied access about 45 minutes later around 12:30 onward. What annoyed me was the place was barely half full and another PP guest got irratated when he was denied and pointed out that they're half full so WTH.

It's still nicer than SEA where you can use your PP for restaurants and what not so you can still take an advantage of PP.

I got PP through CSR and really, it was a driving factor to get it.
If you try to point out the half-empty lounge issue, they will likely say that they are denying PP due to an "anticipated" increase in the lounge guests....uh yeah, whatever. For what it's worth, PDX is my home airport and they almost always have the no PP sign out when I walk by...as you said, the restaurant credits do help make up for the fact that the PDX AS Lounge is unavailable to PP the vast majority of the day and night....although it's not *quite* as bad as the lounge at LAX. I'm sure PP will drop both LAX/PDX in the not to distant future.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: Dust...
March 5, 2019 PDX 8pm DENIED

Tried to visit the lounge only to be denied not due to space but due to construction. Had an MVP in front of me try to enter only to be rejected like a PP holder.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by symbols
March 5, 2019 PDX 8pm DENIED

Tried to visit the lounge only to be denied not due to space but due to construction. Had an MVP in front of me try to enter only to be rejected like a PP holder.
The lounge closes at 8p during the construction. That’s why the MVP ahead of you was also not allowed in.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
PROMO:$25 AS Lounge Access for AS Credit Card Holders

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
You can already buy a day pass for $45, so imagine it'll probably be in that range. Also wouldn't be surprised to see them raise it $50 to get a few more nickles/dimes out of pax. Not sure some coffee, pancakes, a couple of drinks and a slightly comfier seat is worth $45-$50, but am sure if they offered it at check-in, they'd get a few more bites.
Not quite sure of the specific of the promotion, but AS seem to be running a special for AS mileage Plan Credit Card holder with $25 AS Lounge Access.

Jiburi
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jiburi
Not quite sure of the specific of the promotion, but AS seem to be running a special for AS mileage Plan Credit Card holder with $25 AS Lounge Access.

Jiburi
Limited time offer: From September 1, 2018, to May 31, 2019, Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® cardholders can purchase a day pass for $25. Purchases must be made by the cardholder at the Lounge using an Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card and must be redeemed on the day of purchase.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...ounge/day-pass

Regular day passes are indeed $50 now, though they and the discounted ones are 24 hours and can be used at any AS lounge in that period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.