Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Sounds like things aren't going to get any better
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by euromannn
Contacted PP about AS SEA Lounge ISSUEs MONTHS AGAO --- GOT GENERAL vague response so I wrote to BBB where PP responded again in general.
I can understand your frustration and appreciate you taking time to contact PP, BBB & Chase. That is commendable. Unfortunately, many of the others posting in a nearly 2000 post thread do not share your initiative in effecting change and rather just complain, leaving you at a "David & Goliath" disadvantage.

James
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I can understand your frustration and appreciate you taking time to contact PP, BBB & Chase. That is commendable. Unfortunately, many of the others posting in a nearly 2000 post thread do not share your initiative in effecting change and rather just complain, leaving you at a "David & Goliath" disadvantage.

James
Problem with calling PP & Chase is someone "claims" to document and you can't tell what they write or who gets the complaint.

Writing to BBB forces a letter to go to PP executive office which can be ignored as BBB is a non-enforceable agency.
But I got success from "CY" in PP US Complaints NOT the head executive office which was disappointing. "CY' is one of the poor performance problems within PP not comprehending how to implement 'alternative lounge" solutions when lounges drop out.

When I suggested many write to BBB in Texas I was shot down by a moderator on FT ------ didn't think the BBB process would get a response which it BBB did from PP and it's now documented for the reporter trying to write a story. Contacting banks (Chase) is only half of the options which other thought was best. Contacting BBB led to a news reporter followup.

As for Chase ----- the Customer Service rep who claimed to to be knowledgable about PP had zero knowledge about AS problems or 'alternative lounge' options by PP at other airports.

Did what I could ------ won't stop airline lounges from disliking PP memberships. But I did expose the PATHETIC Minute Lounges in Philadelphia by PP. PP is poorly rated by BBB and deserves all of the negative feedback it can get as 'PP US Complaints' just doesn't care.

SO I followed up Chase with a written feedback letter to make sure my story was heard.

If everyone would have followed this process then the news reporter who contacted me about PP would find more comments through BBB and from Chase when she contacts them.
Yes - reporter was chasing AS Lounge story with PP and wanted to contact those canceling PP membership due to AS.

Good luck

Last edited by euromannn; Sep 4, 2018 at 8:30 am
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

James
FWIW, I've complained to both PP and AS about the PP issue....I've also expressed my appreciation on the rare occasion that I'm allowed entry into an AS Lounge.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
FWIW, I've complained to both PP and AS about the PP issue....I've also expressed my appreciation on the rare occasion that I'm allowed entry into an AS Lounge.
Same here. Chase too. Similar responses as to what has been reported by others.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
My guess is that, in the near term, AS will offer lounge access during check-in process. United charges $59/visit for non-members, I wonder how much it would be for Alaska Lounge when and if this option arrive.

Jiburi
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jiburi
My guess is that, in the near term, AS will offer lounge access during check-in process. United charges $59/visit for non-members, I wonder how much it would be for Alaska Lounge when and if this option arrive.

Jiburi
You can already buy a day pass for $45, so imagine it'll probably be in that range. Also wouldn't be surprised to see them raise it $50 to get a few more nickles/dimes out of pax. Not sure some coffee, pancakes, a couple of drinks and a slightly comfier seat is worth $45-$50, but am sure if they offered it at check-in, they'd get a few more bites.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Lots of discussion about contacting the BBB - this won't really help. The BBB isn't a regulatory body, they have no enforcement capability, and the might be a scam (lots of rumors of "pay to play", buying ratings/referrals, etc)...

Speak with your wallet. Cancel your PP cards & plans... I know plenty of people in Seattle who already have.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by nearlysober
Lots of discussion about contacting the BBB - this won't really help. The BBB isn't a regulatory body, they have no enforcement capability, and the might be a scam (lots of rumors of "pay to play", buying ratings/referrals, etc)...

Speak with your wallet. Cancel your PP cards & plans... I know plenty of people in Seattle who already have.
BBB is for-profit business that gives A+ rating to any business willing to pay for their *cough* membership. I agree, don’t waste your time with BBB. They have zero integrity and zero incentive to do the right thing.

Bring this issue up when it’s time to renew your premium cards. Ask for retention offer for lack of value.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Just wanted to add some info. Walking by the N lounge this morning, I was expecting to see something that indicated that they no longer accepted PP. However, nothing of the sort. Not even the usual sign banning PP members. I was arrivlng on a flight or I would have tested access with PP. Lounge did look full and chaotic when I took a quick look.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Just wanted to add some info. Walking by the N lounge this morning, I was expecting to see something that indicated that they no longer accepted PP. However, nothing of the sort. Not even the usual sign banning PP members. I was arrivlng on a flight or I would have tested access with PP. Lounge did look full and chaotic when I took a quick look.
Why would they advertise that had a PP member arrived before last week, he/she might have gotten into this lounge? Perhaps people would like to have an interactive display which takes one’s photo with a PP card and displays it on a giant screen with a big X through it? Time to move on. You weren’t gaining much before and you are losing very little now.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Disappointing but foreseeable. Decision dissuades me from getting the SPG Luxury Card that comes with PP. Still planning on retaining CSR another year and incurring af, unless, for whatever reason, The Clubs are also pulled.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Noticed today that the PP iPhone app still has the AS lounges listed, even though they are clearly no longer part of the program.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
any reports of increased crowing at The Clubs @ SEA or the Centurion Lounge since this change?

honestly I wish PP would add a few restaurants to the SEA lineup a la Capers in PDX, but oh wait, everything in SEA is under construction anyways so there is probably nothing to add maybe in the future...

basically at this point I avoid SEA at all costs between the overcrowding in the terminal, ATC delays, etc.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: AS
We went to Centurion lounge last week, mid day. No problem getting in. Thank heavens, did not want to schlep to Club.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.