Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Looks like the AS lounges in SEA are all leaving priority pass on Sept 1 so no more complaints about PP entry denial due to over crowding.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/3-alas...priority-pass/

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Jul 17, 2018 at 2:13 pm
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Looks like the AS lounges in SEA are all leaving priority pass on Sept 1 so no more complaints about PP entry denial due to over crowding.

Well, I am sure some people will find a way to complain about the PDX, ANC, and LAX lounges!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:14 pm

What's the point of the SEA lounges leaving but PDX remaining with PP? Are crowding pressures really higher on the SEA lounges than on the one tiny PDX lounge? It's been a long time since I've walked by the PDX lounge and not seen the sign out.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
What's the point of the SEA lounges leaving but PDX remaining with PP? Are crowding pressures really higher on the SEA lounges than on the one tiny PDX lounge? It's been a long time since I've walked by the PDX lounge and not seen the sign out.
Only one staff member is needed to put out the sign in PDX and 3 are required in SEA--so think of the personnel costs saved Wall Street will be happy.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman
Here's the relevant section from Priority Pass' (rather vague) reply when I emailed about this:

"As the participating lounges on our program are owned by third party organizations and not directly by Priority Pass, the decision to join our program is at every lounge operator’s sole discretion. The lounge operators are directly response for the policies, procedures, operating conditions and facilities provided in their lounges.

"The lounge operators are directly responsible in choosing whether or not to remain as a participating lounge on our program or whether to remove themselves off our program. As we do not own or control the participating lounges, if they wish to remove themselves from participating on our program we are legally obligated to action the request.

"I do apologise that I am not able to provide you with a more detailed response in this regard but we will only be able to confirm these details once our prospective lounge partner provides us with the confirmation of when they will be opening their facilities."
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco

The Points Guy's blog post is unsourced, so I suspect it's based on the email quote above. Some bloggers regularly post unattributed FT content.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dayone
The Points Guy's blog post is unsourced, so I suspect it's based on the email quote above. Some bloggers regularly post unattributed FT content.
Yes, and that 'author' from TPG is the absolute worst when it comes to giving credit or indicating the source. Frequently lifts from here/TFD/others without so much of a word.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I suspect all AS lounges will leave PP eventually, particularly in PDX and LAX where the no PP sign is out as much if not more than SEA.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list

HT to https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/ Not too surprising.

The Club lounges still available.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Note that this is discussed in and apparently sourced from without attribution the thread in this forum, specifically:

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Just checked into the LAX AS Lounge and was able to read a memo the agents had:

Effective July 1st, entry (seems just LAX?) will be restricted to departing flights within 3 hours only.

Effective Sept 1st, NO Priority Pass accepted at the AS clubs at SEA anymore.
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I asked PP via Twitter about the Sept. 1st change regarding the SEA Alaska Lounges and they confirmed it. Due to space constraints, PP members will no longer have access to the Alaska Lounges in SEA. It's interesting that LAX and PDX are not included in this announcement, but I suspect they will follow in the near future.
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​(I too think this deserves being pulled into its own thread.)
jackal likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by ashill
Note that this is discussed in and apparently sourced from without attribution the thread in this forum, specifically:

(I too think this deserves being pulled into its own thread.)
Posts from the aforementioned thread on this topic have been merged into this thread.

Please continue discussion about the lounges leaving the Priority Pass program in this thread.

Once the change has been publicly confirmed by Alaska or Priority Pass, please notify the moderators and we will edit the title to remove the UNSOURCED tag.

jackal
Moderator, Alaska Airlines forum
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Its confirmed now, the highlighted message appears on all SEA AS lounges on PP site:

Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Asked at two lounges today. They said rumor. Checked the person who said they asked via twitter, there is no public response from PP. This is all seeming a little fishy to me.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Asked at two lounges today. They said rumor. Checked the person who said they asked via twitter, there is no public response from PP. This is all seeming a little fishy to me.
You don't think the fact that it has now been posted on the PP website is sufficient to confirm it??
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
If it were, why is the thread title “UNSOURCED”?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
If it were, why is the thread title “UNSOURCED”?
because the mods haven’t had time to update the thread title yet? The screenshot looks pretty official to me.
dgreen12, ashill and be_rettSEA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.