Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rune87
Last couple of times I've been through there in the last 4 weeks they had a signup list where they were only allowing x amount of guests per 15 minute blocks. Depending on when you got there you had to either wait 15/30/45 minutes depending on how many people were ahead. They still are not enforcing the 2 Guests per cardholder rule, and the lounge has still been >50% full when I get in. The bartenders are pissed about it as it's evidently really cutting into their tips. On top of that they are making you wait outside of the lounge. Overall it's pretty pisspour customer service.
Ouch.

No I have yet to run into this... and I've been thru SEA several times since this has apparently started...

Didn't see this shared in the AMEX thread yet:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ch-2017-a.html
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
Ouch.

No I have yet to run into this... and I've been thru SEA several times since this has apparently started...

Didn't see this shared in the AMEX thread yet:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ch-2017-a.html
Consider yourself blessed then. Could be only certain hours. I'm usually flying either Thursday or Friday Evenings. Usually 4-8pm-ish. I get a break for the next 4 weeks, so maybe they will get things changed by then. Otherwise this fall is going to be annoying. Didn't see that thread, but seems like a very slow contribution. I am however happy for the hot options now. Only had the meatballs so far but that's better than nothing. Hoping that new C expansion turns into the much larger Cent lounge they want.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Consider yourself blessed then. Could be only certain hours. I'm usually flying either Thursday or Friday Evenings. Usually 4-8pm-ish. I get a break for the next 4 weeks, so maybe they will get things changed by then. Otherwise this fall is going to be annoying. Didn't see that thread, but seems like a very slow contribution. I am however happy for the hot options now. Only had the meatballs so far but that's better than nothing. Hoping that new C expansion turns into the much larger Cent lounge they want.
Agree on all points.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by euromannn
I've only been to ONE The Club in SEA at Concourse A and would Not recommend it.

As the attendant told me: "Come back at 10pm when Asian airlines cater food here"

Ridiculous ---- specialized treatment only when an airline provides.
I've been to that club after 10:00 a couple of times thus summer. Offerings weren't all that compared to DL and AS clubs, but okay.

Sorry to hear the AS staff are so upset about losing tips. I never considered leaving one ever in the first place as I consider them the check-in agents doubling as bartenders.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Anyone notice AS SEA Lounges getting more aggressive in denying PP these last couple weeks, or less so? It seems to be the same based on reports on this thread. I am hoping to get in one last visit this coming week. I am debating whether to pay for access or just slug a hike to PP lounges when I really need it. My 75K discount and Admirals access which I could really use makes it tempting to bite the bullet.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Anyone notice AS SEA Lounges getting more aggressive in denying PP these last couple weeks, or less so? It seems to be the same based on reports on this thread. I am hoping to get in one last visit this coming week. I am debating whether to pay for access or just slug a hike to PP lounges when I really need it. My 75K discount and Admirals access which I could really use makes it tempting to bite the bullet.
SEA is a dead zone for PP lounges.

AS Lounges closed defective sept 1 but the access has been intermittent for months.
The Club is only option which lacks any quality food(just chips, fruit) and a few alcoholic drinks. but far way from most domestic carriers.
Very large and roomy but not a good lounge to seek out.

"Alternative Loan" expansion by PP at Sea has been denied when requeste
Nothing is worse than a Minute Lounge by PP so The Club is a upgrade over that joke operation.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
SEA is a dead zone for PP lounges.

AS Lounges closed defective sept 1 but the access has been intermittent for months.
The Club is only option which lacks any quality food(just chips, fruit) and a few alcoholic drinks. but far way from most domestic carriers.
Very large and roomy but not a good lounge to seek out.

"Alternative Loan" expansion by PP at Sea has been denied when requeste
Nothing is worse than a Minute Lounge by PP so The Club is a upgrade over that joke operation.
I wouldn't call SEA a "dead zone"....there are many airports ahead of SEA when it comes to being a PP dead zone....especially places like ORD (domestically). Many PP users like myself get access to the Centurion Lounge at SEA which is pretty decent and I actually don't mind the walk to the Club Lounges at SEA....Centurion has better cold/hot food options, but the Club Lounges have better snack options (the bags of fudge striped cookies and Maui BBQ chips are some of my personal favorites)....I also like that the Club Lounges has self-serve beverages (soda, juice, water) that don't require a trip to the bar which is how it is at all the Centurion Lounges and a personal pet peeve of mine.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Last couple of times I've been through there in the last 4 weeks they had a signup list where they were only allowing x amount of guests per 15 minute blocks. Depending on when you got there you had to either wait 15/30/45 minutes depending on how many people were ahead. They still are not enforcing the 2 Guests per cardholder rule, and the lounge has still been >50% full when I get in. The bartenders are pissed about it as it's evidently really cutting into their tips. On top of that they are making you wait outside of the lounge. Overall it's pretty pisspour customer service.
For a $550 annual fee on the card, I'm definitely going to raise a stink w/ Amex if this ever happens to me after AS lounges leave the PP network and I'm flying through SEA. Thankfully LAX is still covered by AS lounge for now, but wouldn't be surprised to see that taper off soon too.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I've been to that club after 10:00 a couple of times thus summer. Offerings weren't all that compared to DL and AS clubs, but okay.

Sorry to hear the AS staff are so upset about losing tips. I never considered leaving one ever in the first place as I consider them the check-in agents doubling as bartenders.
AS lounge attendants don’t accept tips.
TravelBrighter likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Amex didn't even care. They were just like sorry, crowd control.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I wouldn't call SEA a "dead zone"....there are many airports ahead of SEA when it comes to being a PP dead zone....especially places like ORD (domestically). Many PP users like myself get access to the Centurion Lounge at SEA which is pretty decent and I actually don't mind the walk to the Club Lounges at SEA....Centurion has better cold/hot food options, but the Club Lounges have better snack options (the bags of fudge striped cookies and Maui BBQ chips are some of my personal favorites)....I also like that the Club Lounges has self-serve beverages (soda, juice, water) that don't require a trip to the bar which is how it is at all the Centurion Lounges and a personal pet peeve of mine.
PP pass does not allow Centurion access in Seattle. There is ONLY The Club effective Sept 1, 2018.

Since ePP and PP web site backup my comment not sure why you claim Centurion which is ineligible with PP in Seattle. Maybe you need to correct to say an AMEX CC Platinum allows you Centurion but not a PP.

As for you peeve for self dispensing soda almost every lounge has this feature.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
PP pass does not allow Centurion access in Seattle. There is ONLY The Club effective Sept 1, 2018.

Since ePP and PP web site backup my comment not sure why you claim Centurion which is ineligible with PP in Seattle. Maybe you need to correct to say an AMEX CC Platinum allows you Centurion but not a PP.

For those keeping tabs, I am currently in AL D gates. No PP sign out at 7:45 am. I don't have PP but always guaranteed access with my AC membership when flying AS. No worries, no wondering, no frustration, just access when you want it and it works in SFO too.

If PP isn't working for you, I hope you are also contacting PP and/or your credit card issuer. Posting here will not effect the changes you are seeking. It just makes us feel we need to bring out another platter of cheese.

James
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Interesting, which Centurion Lounges have the self dispensing soda machine? I didn't see one in SEA, LAS, or DFW.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
Originally Posted by mbluecpa

AS lounge attendants don’t accept tips.
Years ago, I tried to tip a Board Room bartender and was told something along the lines of, "We don't accept tips. If that's what you call a tip."
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:28 pm

PP

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
For those keeping tabs, I am currently in AL D gates. No PP sign out at 7:45 am. I don't have PP but always guaranteed access with my AC membership when flying AS. No worries, no wondering, no frustration, just access when you want it and it works in SFO too.

If PP isn't working for you, I hope you are also contacting PP and/or your credit card issuer. Posting here will not effect the changes you are seeking. It just makes us feel we need to bring out another platter of cheese.

James
Contacted PP about AS SEA Lounge ISSUEs MONTHS AGAO --- GOT GENERAL vague response so I wrote to BBB where PP responded again in general. Chase was also contacted who seems CluelESS on issues.
BBB exposed PP non-commitment to work with AS and also that PP has zero plans for 'alternative lounges" in SEA as replacement for losing AS contract.

Last edited by euromannn; Aug 29, 2018 at 9:29 pm Reason: spell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.