Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

F and PC Seats and Service on Alaska's Airbus Fleet?

F and PC Seats and Service on Alaska's Airbus Fleet?

Old Jul 13, 18, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA
Question F and PC Seats and Service on Alaska's Airbus Fleet?

I am looking to fly Alaska via SFO - MCO and it looks like an A320 from VA (now Alaska).

Does anyone know what the Premium Class and First Class on these planes are like in terms of age, seat comfort and size, and service? All I can find is this: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ircraft/series

Last edited by damnyourefine; Jul 13, 18 at 10:09 pm
Old Jul 13, 18, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Kimpton IC
Not sure what MFO is but I've done PHL-LAX-PHL recently on VA/Alaska. Same 319/320 aircraft, no physical changes yet. FC has the two rows white leather recliners, H/W is getting old and not appeared to being fixed, both flights had at least one broken seat. Service has taken a step down, IMHO. Very basic food and no blanket or pillow in FC. I loved the old comforter/pillow package that VA had. When I complained about lack of, they said they were waiting on new Alaska branded ones (?). FA attitude seemed a bit indifferent, not sure if they were Alaska folks on VA plane or old VA folks. Not a bad flight or uncomfortable, just a bit lacking.
Old Jul 13, 18, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Alaska is flying to New Guinea now?

Great Circle Mapper
Old Jul 13, 18, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
Alaska is flying to New Guinea now?

Great Circle Mapper
MCO, corrected post.
Old Jul 14, 18, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Governator View Post
Not sure what MFO is but I've done PHL-LAX-PHL recently on VA/Alaska. Same 319/320 aircraft, no physical changes yet. FC has the two rows white leather recliners, H/W is getting old and not appeared to being fixed, both flights had at least one broken seat. Service has taken a step down, IMHO. Very basic food and no blanket or pillow in FC. I loved the old comforter/pillow package that VA had. When I complained about lack of, they said they were waiting on new Alaska branded ones (?). FA attitude seemed a bit indifferent, not sure if they were Alaska folks on VA plane or old VA folks. Not a bad flight or uncomfortable, just a bit lacking.
Old Jul 14, 18, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Governator View Post
what flight were you on?
out of Phl you should have had a purple blanket or if they were out a new blue AS one, pillows have gone away.
Did you not have the either way?
Old Jul 14, 18, 8:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Kimpton IC
Originally Posted by Crzn33k View Post

what flight were you on?
out of Phl you should have had a purple blanket or if they were out a new blue AS one, pillows have gone away.
Did you not have the either way?
It was 6/27-7/2. Both flights nothing. The first one was very apologetic and said he had asked before flight for them, but they were not available. I asked and got compensation ($25 credit) for that flight. The second flight just said not available, period. When I asked for comp again I got this "Unfortunately we cannot provide compensation again. The previous compensation was as a gesture of goodwill. Blankets are not provided on all flights. I'm really sorry! -Jordan"

I am curious about others experience with the blanket/pillow now.