Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDX early morning flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Does PDX ever run out of spaces in their economy parking lot?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jinglish
You're renting a car for a few hours? Just hop on the MAX.
Well... one needs to requalify for PC somehow
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by skiflyer
I haven't ever noticed economy being full, but long-term is frequently closed due to reaching capacity. The PDX website tracks how full the lots are, real time, so you can always check the website to see how much parking is left in each lot
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Yes....yes they do; but it is infrequent.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by beckoa
Well... one needs to requalify for PC somehow
If you have a 6 hour layover, MAX is probably the best way to get downtown and back leaving a few hours downtown.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
yes, I've experienced it being full several times over the winter holidays and spring break. You can look online before you go to see the status though. PDX just raised all their parking rates though, so that might change things.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
So how does Friday afternoon look?

We have a 6 or so hour layover and we planned on driving around... sounds like this might not be advised now...
It’s not bad. I rarely wait more than 5 minutes in security. Maybe 10 if it’s super busy in the morning.

Do be careful with traffic. No idea what kind of mess it’ll be with the 84 closure, but on a good day traffic can be tough. MAX might be the best bet if you’re trying to get downtown for a few hours.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Has PDX really gotten so crowded for the early morning flights that 2 hours is needed to get through security and to the gate?
No. Where did you hear this rumor?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by tusphotog

It’s not bad. I rarely wait more than 5 minutes in security. Maybe 10 if it’s super busy in the morning.

Do be careful with traffic. No idea what kind of mess it’ll be with the 84 closure, but on a good day traffic can be tough. MAX might be the best bet if you’re trying to get downtown for a few hours.
I did brave the car... it was a nightmare. But got to check out the rose gardens, food trucks, view from the mansion, and the falls off I-84.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.