Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

It's always something with this website...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum

There have been numerous threads about how broken things like upgrades and partner awards are. And have been for years.
I continue to be amazed by how many different things manage to break with Alaska's website and app. In the past week I had glitches trying to pre-order my F meal and check a bag in the app.

Today I went to buy a ticket. A pop-up asking me to participate in a survey appeared on *every* page, even after I clicked "no" and "x" in the top right corner.

Then I opted to apply a GGU after purchase. It asked me to type in a code, rather than giving me the usual drop-down list to select from, even though I was signed in after just having made a purchase. I opened My Account in a new tab to pull up my list of codes. The link to view them does not appear, but all the other links -- Wallet, Discount codes, etc. are there.

Thankfully I am over-prepared and I had a screenshot of my codes saved, and was able to type one in and the upgrade went through...

Sure, I could have called and they would have quickly and cheerfully taken care of it. But what is it with AS and their ability to keep their technology stable and fully functional??
be_rettSEA likes this.

Last edited by Tracer_SEA; Jun 28, 2018 at 7:36 am
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
There have been numerous threads about how broken things like upgrades and partner awards are. And have been for years.
I continue to be amazed by how many different things manage to break with Alaska's website and app. In the past week I had glitches trying to pre-order my F meal and check a bag in the app.

Today I went to buy a ticket. A pop-up asking me to participate in a survey appeared on *every* page, even after I clicked "no" and "x" in the top right corner.

Then I opted to apply a GGU after purchase. It asked me to type in a code, rather than giving me the usual drop-down list to select from, even though I was signed in after just having made a purchase. I opened My Account in a new tab to pull up my list of codes. The link to view them does not appear, but all the other links -- Wallet, Discount codes, etc. are there.

Thankfully I am over-prepared and I had a screenshot of my codes saved, and was able to type one in and the upgrade went through...

Sure, I could have called and they would have quickly and cheerfully taken care of it. But what is it with AS and their ability to keep their technology stable and fully functional??
The perpetual survey popup is incredibly annoying.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Along the line of problems with the website I was booking SEA-FLL for two of us a few weeks ago after actually finding flights with U space available. I was moving quickly through the booking process in hopes of completing the purchase before U space disappeared and came to a grinding halt when my stored Visa number wasn't offered as a form of payment. This hasn't happened before. After digging out my credit card to enter manually I was able to complete the booking.

I again saved the credit card number for future bookings. When I went back later to see if it was there it was gone again. I backed out and came back in and it was there. Weird.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K, southwest A+, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire ambassador
I am experiencing the same with the website. I wanted to check on my remaining GGU's and they were not in my profile. I also wanted to write a note to Alaska Listens and got the response from the website that the URL is invalid.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Had some errors the past few days, even just looking at the public-facing pages (e.g. partner earning rates, upgrade policies, etc). Hopefully they figure out what's going on over there soon.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
The GGUs were back, at least when I looked yesterday.

Today's facepalm was the check-in email I got. It's my return flight *to* SEA, but contained a serious warning about long TSA lines *at* SEA.

It also suggests that I should download the Alaska app (which I have and use frequently) and get the credit card (which I used to buy this very ticket)

Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
even the backend coding is super stressing the ease of this website. It feels VERY clunky now, sometimes I have to wait 30 seconds for a page to load before I can click on a link or sort flights. If the link even works at all. And when I click on "Book" - Search flights, its now taking me to a Flight Deals page, even though it only sporadically shows up on the drop down menu.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
lately it seems that every time I try to open a new page it jumps to the **bottom** of the page rather than the top

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.