Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checkins in AS-DE-DE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Checkins in AS-DE-DE

I know I’ve asked a few other questions on this itinerary in past since we booked a while ago, but we finally fly this weekend on our first transatlantic award ticket (SEA-YVR on AS connecting to an overnight DE YVR-FRA then an intra-Europe final flight the next day on DE)

How does checkin work? Is it all done via AS checkin, or once in AS and once in DE, or do I checkin 3 times (AS, DE, DE) since the final flight is technically a new day? And if it’s multiple checkins, is it based on 24 hours from the first AS flight, or from the respective segment? (We don’t yet have seats on our final DE segment, that’s the one I care most about hitting as early as possible checkin on, while also avoiding a 3 am wake up to do so)

(I know bags check through in full regardless of how checkin is done).

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
I can only speculate on the specific AS/DE combo, but typically how this works is each operating carrier has its own check-in process. So you will check in once for AS and then again for both DE flights.

If you're worried about seat assignment, you could consider trying to find your DE record locator so that you can look up the reservation on the DE site and possibly choose your seats. If you didn't already receive your DE record locator, you should give Alaska a call and see if they can give it to you.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks - yeah DE grants seats on the business route ahead of time, but not (w/o paying) on their economy routes (the last flight). AS doesn't get access to DE Premium, so intra-europe is always coach w/o advanced free seat assignments.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Since this is an AS-ticketed award, you may not have to check in for your subsequent flights. I received my boarding passes for two onward AA flights (both the next calendar day) when checking in with AS for an award earlier this year.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Catching up on old threads - we did have to check in 3 times (AS, transatlantic biz DE could be done online, final intra-Europe coach DE could only be done in person)

Really nice trans Atlantic flight; Condor biz class is a nice value for dollar and/or miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.