Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Only some Icelandair flights eligible for AS miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Anyone know why some US-KEF (and the reverse) flights are eligible for mileage accrual and some are not? This includes flights from the same city pair (i.e. FI 854 and 852 fly ORD-KEF 15 minutes apart).

Eligible flight numbers:
Effective through January 14, 2018: 0201–0899
Effective January 15, 2018: 0201 - 0853
I'm on the rather new FI 863 next month from KEF-SFO, and it's a bummer to see that it won't be accruing any AS miles. I'm not sure how flight agreements work between airlines, but any chance that this is an oversight and it'll change?

Also, I'm on a single ticket, but one flight (852) credits and one doesn't (863). There isn't any benefit to putting in my AS FF# in now (looks like I can just show them my MVPG card for lounge access anyways), right? At worst, I'm hoping to credit one leg to AS and the other leg to B6.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
I've heard of this happening before with other carriers; AS doesn't do a good job of keeping up with partners' route updates. Bug them about it--I really doubt they're disallowing earning on flights to one of their hubs just for the hell of it

For carriers like FI that don't have an array of regionals operating flights for them, I wonder why AS still bothers using the flight number criterion instead of just saying "must be marketed and operated by FI."
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
Wow I'm glad you brought this up, I was just about to buy the ticket and didn't even realize it's not in the flight number range.

Last edited by fishywang; Jun 18, 2018 at 10:01 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by jinglish
I've heard of this happening before with other carriers; AS doesn't do a good job of keeping up with partners' route updates. Bug them about it--I really doubt they're disallowing earning on flights to one of their hubs just for the hell of it

For carriers like FI that don't have an array of regionals operating flights for them, I wonder why AS still bothers using the flight number criterion instead of just saying "must be marketed and operated by FI."
Originally Posted by fishywang
Wow I'm glad you brought this up, I was just about to buy the ticket and didn't even realize it's not in the flight number range.
I'm with jinglish, this is clearly out of sync info. (flight # criteria) since FI has reintroduced service to SFO. I'd call customer care to confirm, but I'd be shocked if it doesn't accrue.

Customer Care:
1-800-654-5669
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'd push this with AS...
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
I'd push this with AS...
+1

I'd suggest trying Twitter. And maybe @missydarlin can help.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by jinglish

speaking with a friend who works at AS (management side), he said that it's the partner's responsibility to inform AS about the new flights.

I;m guessing AS can give FI a nudge when they see customers wondering about flight numbers that do not fall within the acceptable range but, at the end of the day, it's up to FI (or the partner) to officially update the terms of mileage earning since they are the ones paying AS for the miles. That's my take on it.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
I called customer service yesterday, the representative I talked to said that since the flight number is out of the range so I won't get credit as of now, but she also agreed to help me raise the issue internally to get it fixed soon. As a result I have to change my plan and fly Condor to Europe instead and skip Iceland this time. Maybe I'll visit Iceland next summer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by fishywang
I called customer service yesterday, the representative I talked to said that since the flight number is out of the range so I won't get credit as of now, but she also agreed to help me raise the issue internally to get it fixed soon. As a result I have to change my plan and fly Condor to Europe instead and skip Iceland this time. Maybe I'll visit Iceland next summer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'd try to communicate your decision to not book with them to Icelandair. Not sure if Twitter works for them; a link to this thread perhaps?
ashill likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Cool

welcome to Alaska's very competitive global partnership network.
tusphotog and ashill like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.