NYC to LAX

Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Air, United, Delta, American
NYC to LAX

I was always able to find first class tickets available for flights from NYC (JFK, EWR, LGA) to LAX for 25k reward miles (non-stop). Now I cannot find anything for less than 60k. Is this something other people are finding? Is it perhaps due the completed merger of Virgin and Alaska?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ajo19
I was always able to find first class tickets available for flights from NYC (JFK, EWR, LGA) to LAX for 25k reward miles (non-stop). Now I cannot find anything for less than 60k. Is this something other people are finding? Is it perhaps due the completed merger of Virgin and Alaska?
10 more days until they go up to 70K. Grab em while you still can
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

So there's no chance of getting 25k anymore?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
So there's no chance of getting 25k anymore?
Minimum will be 30,000 starting on the 25th of June for that route. Given that we are heading into peak travel season and that seats are limited combined with the fact that redemption rates are increasing very soon, it is doubtful unless you are travelling on a very non-peak flight outside of summer.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:08 pm

For a long time NYC-SEA AS F nonstops have been impossible to get at less than 60K, so nothing being available is not new generally. However, I've been able to get AA flights for 25K with connections, and I was able to get an AS JFK-PDX-SEA flight for 25K recently, but I booked it in March for November travel.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I very much doubt that you ever found LGA-LAX nonstops for any amount of miles.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by guv1976
Maybe AS was flying LGA-LAX in secret on Saturdays when the perimeter rule wasn't in effect.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

I was flying for 25k every time, non-stop. My schedule was flexible so it was always on weekdays and flights were off peak, but still 25k and never more.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Oh, and it was EWR to LAX usually.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by guv1976
I was flying for 25k every time, non-stop.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaGuardia_Airport

A perimeter rule prohibits nonstop flights to or from points beyond 1,500 miles (2,400 km), but exceptions to the perimeter rule are flights on Saturdays
So, in conclusion: No airline has any LGA-LAX nonstops, or could fly them any other day than Saturday even if they wanted to. AS has never flown that route.

I don't doubt you were flying VX F NYC-LAX for 25k frequently- while VX was a partner during the acquisition, their award availability was determined separately from AS using their own revenue management system and ticketing. AS has never been particularly generous on transcon F awards in recent years. Now that there are no more VX flights and they're all AS flights using AS revenue management and ticketing, the usual stinginess prevails.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.